Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Yeah it only really hit me today while I was listening to Mick Garris' Post Mortem podcast (the latest episode is a Wes Craven tribute) that we lost Craven, Romero and Hooper in a really short period. Very sad, and knowing how tight that masters of horror community is you know it'll have hit a lot of those guys incredibly hard.

Greg M.

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 31 August, 2017, 01:42:26 PM
Yeah it only really hit me today while I was listening to Mick Garris' Post Mortem podcast (the latest episode is a Wes Craven tribute) that we lost Craven, Romero and Hooper in a really short period. Very sad, and knowing how tight that masters of horror community is you know it'll have hit a lot of those guys incredibly hard.

We urgently need to find a way to protect John Carpenter whilst we've still got him! I'd suggest placing him in a tube of liquid underneath an abandoned church, infecting ourselves with his invasive DNA, or finding him a girl with green eyes to marry.

Rately

Quote from: Greg M. on 31 August, 2017, 03:06:50 PM

We urgently need to find a way to protect John Carpenter whilst we've still got him! I'd suggest placing him in a tube of liquid underneath an abandoned church, infecting ourselves with his invasive DNA, or finding him a girl with green eyes to marry.

Ha!  :D

Goaty

Quote from: Greg M. on 31 August, 2017, 03:06:50 PM

Or appearing in Body Bags...?

sheridan

IAMTHESYSTEM

Richard Anderson was in Kubrick's Paths of Glory as an Officer, who despite his seeming indifference, realised the enormity of the crime the Generals were committing in executing the three soldiers. His acting made the scene where he reads out the charge of death by firing squad to the condemned men memorable and humane.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

rogue69

Steely Dan guitarist and co-founder Walter Becker died aged of 67.

TordelBack

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 01 September, 2017, 01:25:31 PM
Richard Anderson was in Kubrick's Paths of Glory as an Officer, who despite his seeming indifference, realised the enormity of the crime the Generals were committing in executing the three soldiers. His acting made the scene where he reads out the charge of death by firing squad to the condemned men memorable and humane.

It's a superbly understated piece of acting, possibly the best scene in an extraordinary film. RIP.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: sheridan on 01 September, 2017, 01:12:18 PM
Richard Anderson, 91.
I didn't recognise the name until I clicked the link. Oscar Goldman. A legend.

Robin Low

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 04 September, 2017, 12:52:01 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 01 September, 2017, 01:12:18 PM
Richard Anderson, 91.
I didn't recognise the name until I clicked the link. Oscar Goldman. A legend.

When Lee Majors goes a part of me will too. I can't remember if I bought 2000AD for the Space Spinner, but I know I bought it for the Biotronic stickers.

Regards,

Robin

Mardroid

He's still alive, kicking and working for now at least, including playing Ash's Dad in Ash Vs Evil Dead. In series 2, and apparently 3 too. A brilliant match, I reckon. Probably even better than Campbell's original idea: William Shatner, in looks at least.

I, Cosh

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 23 January, 2017, 03:13:31 AM
Can drummer Jaki Liebezeit, aged 78.
Now sadly followed by Holger Czukay at 79.
We never really die.

von Boom

Science fiction author Jerry Pournelle passed away on the 8th. RIP.

Tjm86

Sheesh!  I remember picking through a number of his pieces back in the day.  Aside from his collaborations with Larry Niven, work such as 'Jannisaries' were a tidy piece of writing.

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that the heroes of our younger days are now passing on considering how long in the tooth some of us are getting.

Jim_Campbell

Len Wein. Writer/creator of Wolverine, Swamp Thing, editor of Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne revival of Uncanny X-Men, editor of Watchmen... it's a long list. A sad loss.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.