Main Menu

Birmingham International Comics Show 2006

Started by Al_Ewing, 15 October, 2006, 12:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

It was pretty quiet today and sales were down across the board as far as I could tell. I barely sold any badges despite getting good feedback from everyone who saw them. I did at least manage to make back the price of my table and petrol, which is more that could be said for my small press neighbours.

Cheers,

Wake

paulvonscott

Sunday's are usually fairly cruel at these events.  Were you there for the Saturday as well Wake?

Wake

Opening time to closing time on both days. I think I sold about 10 Dredd and 3 SD badges yesterday and 2 of each today plus a handful of Titan graphic novels which I didn't take yesterday.

Cheers,

Wake

Queen Firey-Bou

Yo indeed it was a great show,

sadly i didnt get time to have a proper natter to everyone, English public transport being the creaking mouldy corpse that it is, & Brum being trapped in the armpit of thon corpse, me n mini-bou had to miss the sunday to get home this side of Christmas.

Mini-bou is still reeling with happiness at her present from a very lovely Mr Dayglo.

pics:
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2259/2464/320/154064/2006_1210Image0066.jpg>
RAC & BOLT1 at the futurequake table

and a page of sketches done for the kids i work with " for gods sake think of the children ! "
Thanks to all the artists, i'm framing it up tonight to take in tomorrow , they'll love it !

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2259/2464/320/931101/2006_1210Image0068.jpg">

Richmond Clements

Just home!

It was good fun, if a lot quieter today than yesterday.

Apart from being harassed by Mandalorian bounty hunters and Imperial Stormtroopers, the highlight of today surely had to be that Prince among men, Mr Rufus Dayglo, trying to start a fight between me and Dave Gibbons.

Wake

I've added the pictures I took to the site.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=news&page=photos" target="_blank">Event Photos

TordelBack

I dunno Wake, maybe you'd've sold more if you hadn't set up stall beside a guy selling the exact same things?  At least you got the eagle on th right shoulder! ;>

That Westinghouse would look so good in my hands... if only I hadn't reproduced.   Wait!  Maybe if I had a time bomb to project the sprog 5 years into the future, i could still 'waste' money on cool stuff... not one of those where 'the planet has yet to reach that point in its orbit, and there is only the vacuum of space!' ones, obviously... one of the more refined ones.

Leigh S

Good to meet everyone again, even in my diseased and zombified state - Not a bad show, and the Urban Village shop had a handful of Mistys, and more importantly, most of the rest of the comics Clare used to read as a kid - the hilarious Dreamer - at reasonable prices, so well done!  Apologies if I appeared to be on another planet, or indeed if you develop the lurgy..

Emperor

More reports!! Anything new interesting, excting? How were FQ sales? Reaction to the newest Dogbreath? Did everyone think it was worthwhile and worth going to the next one? That kind of thing.

I was hoping to make a flying visit (as it is closer to me than Bristol) but various things intervened. Perhaps next year.

Apart from being harassed by Mandalorian bounty hunters and Imperial Stormtroopers,

To be fair doesn't this happen to you wherever you go?

the highlight of today surely had to be that Prince among men, Mr Rufus Dayglo, trying to start a fight between me and Dave Gibbons.

Like you ladies need an excuse ;) At Brighton we have a "free for all first to 3 pinfalls wins" match organised. My money is on Diamond Dave although I hear there is good money going on Raccoon Rich (who was that masked man?) for a resounding victory. Only time will tell.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+