Main Menu

1523 - Past Judgement and Shonky Printing

Started by DavidXBrunt, 05 February, 2007, 01:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

Well, ir worked on the Preview message...

Jared Katooie

OK here's what I think about the new prog (I got it today - IT WAS SNOWING!)

Dredd: I just dont like Rennie's Dredds. This is only the first part so I wont judge it just yet. I KNOW it'll be rubbish though.

3/10

Stickleback: This story has a few too many twists for my liking. As the old sayng goes "nobody minds a few twists unless they're in your urethra". Hopefully the plot will have some interesting developments next week. As it is it seems like the writer is trying to juggle too many ideas (grief at dead family, trusting dodgy friend or not, assisting criminal overlord or not etc.) at once.

4/10

ABC Warriors: Same old, same old.

3/10

Kingdom: Like Johnny I've found that this story grows on you. I haven't been surprised by any of the "twists" but I dont really mind since I like the characters and am eager to know what happens next.

6/10

Low Life: I still miss Aimee and her more serious stories but this is good stuff. It's nice to see a story with comedy that acually hits the mark for a change. Again, guessed the twist but not the specific details so I'm keen to see what happens next. Low Life delivers again!

7/10

Not a bad prog all in all. What's with Dredd's tiny arm though?

paulvonscott

"but paul, if Gibson was struck down with bird flu wouldnt it then be an origins interlude interlude?"

You're right!

House of Usher

3/10, 4/10, 3/10, 6/10, 7/10 = 23/50

4.6 out of 10 = "not a bad prog all in all"?

Surely some mistake?

--------

Anyway, I liked it. I'm glad to see a lot of other readers picked up on the 'early Dredd' sensibility of Gordon Rennie and Ian Gibson's 'Judgement' story; as it reminded me of his early cases too.
STRIKE !!!

Eric Plumrose

>> and I love Anderson's judge teddy, but hasn't this featured before?

That would be the cuddly toy, I presume, not her lingerie.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=specials&choice=winter88" target="_blank">I'm not Logan so you'll have to make do with this

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Eric Plumrose

Oh. And Bill savage for the new A.B.C. Warrior. Zippo's just a red herring.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

moonbeam

"And I like the cover, the perepsective may be a little off on the am (or more accurately, the glove), but I like it."

I think Dredd's arm is a bit short. But it's a great cover.

House of Usher

I'm not sure about 'shonky printing', but mine wasn't exactly bound to perfection. Behind the fold on almost every page, up to half a centimetre of a left hand page crept onto the left hand margin of every right hand page.

Better luck at the printers with Prog 1524.
STRIKE !!!