Main Menu

New Poll: In my opinion, Blood of Satanus III, currently running in the Meg, is:

Started by 2000AD Online, 28 July, 2007, 03:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

In my opinion, Blood of Satanus III, currently running in the Meg, is:

Link: Click to vote

Trout

Apologies for not breaking it down for story/art, but I wanted to keep it simple.

This story's polarised the board, so I think it would be valuable to have as many opinions as possible, including from people who don't want to get into long, involved debates.

- Trout

JOE SOAP

Pat Mills will eat your balls for this Trout.

Art

People like you don't deserve him! He says so in the meg!

House of Usher

I opted for 'bad', because I haven't read the two most recent parts, so I don't feel qualified to pronounce it to be 'terrible'.
STRIKE !!!

dweezil2

I've gone for Average, as it fails to offend me the way it does some people.

Dweezil(Pat Mills raped my goldfish).
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

SamuelAWilkinson

I regret only the lack of a 'complete arse' button.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

davidjatt

I have more of a problem with the writing, as Pat can write good stuff, and this isnt good.  Hicklenton has never been my cup of char, so I dont feel qualified to call it bad or good reliably, but it is a mess.

Dog Deever

I put bad, because although I like the art as art, it's hard to follow in places as a comic. Add to this that BOSII was a complete waste of my free time to read- the art on it was pretty dull and the story about as entertaining as daytime TV, IIRC BOS1 was ok, but certainly not original enough to warrant revisiting. So there was very little incentive for me to try.
Also- I haven't got part 1, so I started at part 2, and with the contrived, anachronistic and superficial 'soundbite' dialogue it made little sense. So I haven't bothered to try any harder. Had the art or dialogue been easier to read, I may well have stuck with it.
The art is gruesome and has a certain awsome wickedness about it- although there are a few places it really hasn't shone at all. I think Hicklenton might be worth a try on a one off Caballistics, I think his twisted vision could work really really well on the right kind of twisted story for this series.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Noisybast

I voted for "Terrible".
If either the script or the art had been acceptable, I might have commuted the sentence to merely "Bad", but for me, Blood of Satanus 3 is risible on every level.
I'd be disgusted with it if it appeared in a fanzine, and doubly so in the Meg.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

worldshown

Bad.

Mainly because the character clearly isn't the Judge Dredd I've grown up reading.

I'm trying to pretend that it isn't really Dredd in this story but some hardass Excorcist Judge instead. It helps. Slightly.

Going off topic slightly, but what happened to the Excorcist Judges anyway? Would have thought this kind of this thing was their bag.

Woolly

I voted 'Bad', which was a bloody painful decision giving that i used to love Hicklenton's artwork, and Pat Mills is capable of so much more than this.

One hell of a missed opportunity!

JayzusB.Christ

Average.
The script is a bit ropey. I like Hicklenton and fucked up art in general. but he's gone a bit too far with the fucked upness here.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Noisybast

It's not the fucked-upness I find disagreeable, it's the fact that it's badly drawn.

His stuff on Nemesis was undeniably fucked up, and the anatomy in that series was still decidely, er, creative, but for all that, it was still drawn well.
BOSIII, on the other hand, looks like it was scribbled on a sheet of tatty A4 with a biro.

In the pub.

After a heavy session.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Trout

Scribbled on a sheet of tatty A4 with a biro. In the pub. After a heavy session.

Hmmm... where's my sketchpad from that Dreddcon where Noisy and I got wasted...?
;-)