Main Menu

The 2000 AD Official Art Droid Sketchbook

Started by 2000AD Online, 09 October, 2007, 05:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

The SA80 is and always will be shite.
The SLR modified with half a matchstick is the real deal.
Also Logan you should know better, these weapons fire rounds, bullets are for civillians.
Depending on what job you are going to do dictates the power that you will need. I personally want my enemy to stay down and to be dead. The old addage to wound so as to draw your mates out was correct with sniping but I can tell you it takes a lot of guts to race into open ground to try and recover a mate when a sniper is about. It's not like the movies when the sights follow you when you zig zag. The sniper will predict your ground and wait till you run into his sights.
Also the easier a weapon is to clean and the less parts the better.
One last thing look at what special forces carry nowadays, I don't see many SA80's.
Then again different gats for different jobs.

By the way I haven't looked but does the shop sell these art pads?

vzzbux

I had forgotten the old matchstick trick.
Not much control though, only did it with blanks while simulating an ambush.
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

I'm starting to fear that Wertham was right....

test 4 echo

"I wonder who is arming the Afghanis?"

No need to. Grab what ever's lying around, clean it up and you're good to go.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd41/dkburrows/WTF.jpg">

Peter Wolf

http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z122/peterwolf_album/sb_sidebar-sm-24.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">

This is a bit more like it but it still fires 5.56 rounds unless there is an upgrade to a 7.62.These have only been around for about 3 years but they might become standard issue.They are lightweight rifles as they are mostly made from carbon fibre [i think].

Is there a lot of close quarters combat going on in Afghanistan ?  I say this because the Ak47s and variants dont have an awful lot of range unless i am wrong.

Its quite incredible when you look at what was used in the second world war. For example the Lee enfield  Rifle that was Used throughout.Completely manual and reload after just 1 shot although i think they could fire 5 rounds without reloading.This is the only gun i have fired apart from shotguns.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Richmond Clements

Peter Wolf

Does anyone know if these will be available after the event ? would it be possible to get one if they dont sell out ?

Buddy

So, this sketchbook, is an A5 book, with blank pages, for a fiver.

I have some old rope available if anyone is interested.

Peter Wolf

Doesnt it have any drawings in it at all? Only i dont know as that link that was provided in 3 posts doesnt seem to work here.I can get a3 blank sketchbooks here from the art shop for a fiver.

Buddy

Yeah, but it won't be an 'official' one.

COMMANDO FORCES

You know me I'll have to have two.
One for sketches and one to be kept unused.

By the way I have some money ready for that Judge Dredd rope Uncle Umpty, where is it?

Peter Wolf

If they were A3 i would have liked to have some but A 5 is a bit small but that is the definition of a sketch book anyway.

Buddy

A sketchbook is a book for sketches.

As for that rope CF, just paypal me what you have and I'll forward it on to you.

Leigh S

I see 200AD are giving a talk early Saturday morning - anyone going to that?  with Joe in tow, I'm gonna have to miss that one.  As always, I'm interested to hear whats said - I could even provide recording equipment! :)

Bolt-01

I'm planning on getting to that one- but it is the first talk of the day (I'd rather it was early afternoon) and so many folks are going to be making a turn of the Dealer tables.

Bolt-01