Main Menu

Cradlegrave

Started by w3bz, 15 April, 2009, 12:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Can't really offer any help. It didn't work on my laptop on the bus, but I can see it fine on my home PC. Both using Firefox.

Looks good.
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Colin_YNWA"Looks like a great strip but how about that trailer huh! Is this the first time 2000ad has done one of these 'animated' trailers? If so great job. If not where have I been missing them?

Origins had one 2 and another supernatural series I can't remember the name of.

Pete Wells

Wow, that's great! I wrote to Tharg a while back asking him for more trailers, I hope that letter sees print now!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "garageman"Origins had one 2 and another supernatural series I can't remember the name of.

Chiaroscuro, and a great little tale it was too. More self-contained stuff, Tharg!
@jamesfeistdraws

w3bz

To the guys having a bit of a struggle try getting the latest quicktime. If it still doesn't work you can grab a copy at:
//http://www.2000adonline.com/trailers/cradlegrave/cradlegrave.mp4

You can do an embedded link direct to the above player should you wish by doing:
http://www.2000adonline.com/trailers/cr ... player.swf (it's 640x480)

If you have a prob with embedding it then give me a shout and I'll do a version that's perhaps more compatible with external sites - wasn't going for that, but don't mind  :twisted:

Grant Goggans

My web-fu worked and I embedded it.  Just a little small, though.  That's seriously awesome, I hope the NewsaPulsaResources sites show it off.

Emperor

For the record this worked fine for me using FireFox - a little too well: the autoplaying did make me jump slightly (got me again when it popped up in topic review area below the reply).

Great to see John Smith back - I feel we really need more from him and good to see Edmund Bagwell get his first full series, I'll be looking forward to this as I suspect, as intriguing as the trailer is, the series is going to turn it up more than a couple of notches.

Quote from: "w3bz"If you have a prob with embedding it then give me a shout and I'll do a version that's perhaps more compatible with external sites - wasn't going for that, but don't mind  :D

How about a 2000 AD channel on YouTube? Let it go viral. It'd also make it easier for some of the online comics press to pick up on, as we do really want to Spread the Faith!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

w3bz

Quotehe autoplaying did make me jump slightly
*cough* yeah coded the player real quick today, will add a "Click to start playing" thing tomorrow methinks!

QuoteHow about a 2000 AD channel on YouTube
yeah probably a good idea, although meant for you good fellows over the general public, I'm not adversed to this idea :D

Devons Daddy

impressive stuff there.

first time i have viewed this style, nice.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ukdane

It appears to be working for me today.

I haven't changed any of my settings, so I have no idea why it works today, but not yesterday.

Edit: No it isn't The play button is there, but nothing happens. The MP4 version works fine for me though.
Cheers

-Daney

Cactus

Great trailer, great idea, hopefully a great strip.

It played for me ok in Firefox, had a big 'play' symbol in the middle just like a 'gentleman's video' *cough* or so I'm told. I do have the NoScript add-on but I allow scripts from this site or it all goes mental.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

MarcusQQ

Got to say the cover really grabbed me and made me pick up 2000ad again. Im enjoying the story so far and cant wait to see where it goes. Cracking trailer too.

hlm2

this story is fairly boring, nothings happened yet................
some people are like slinkys, utterly useless but great fun to push down some stairs!

Mardroid

It definitely has now. Dear me.

Peter Wolf

Does anyone know what the old woman is infected with ?

Its even an assumption that she is infected with something but she looks to slowly be mutating each week unless iam imagining it.

Quite honestly i have no clue because the script doesnt tell you anything and its not unreasonable to have this at least partly explained.

Also why is it that she doesnt seem to provoke extreme reactions when she is seen for the first time by anyone ?

Why is the old man sheltering her or hiding her ?

I guess it was/is his wife and i also guess that she wasnt slowly turning into plant when he married her.

It wasnt made clear why some of the characters were suckling from her either and the fact that the characters seem to take all this in their stride is surprising as if its all normal to them.

Theres far too many unanswered questions in this story and its like you are dropped into the story and left guessing the whole time.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death