Main Menu

Cradlegrave

Started by w3bz, 15 April, 2009, 12:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnystress

Quote from: "peterwolf"Why is the old man sheltering her or hiding her ?

love

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "peterwolf"Theres far too many unanswered questions in this story and its like you are dropped into the story and left guessing the whole time.

Well... yeah. Isn't that how most fiction works up until the climactic moments?
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Dark Jimbo"
Quote from: "peterwolf"Theres far too many unanswered questions in this story and its like you are dropped into the story and left guessing the whole time.

Well... yeah. Isn't that how most fiction works up until the climactic moments?

Not necessarily no.It doesnt resolve itself until the end but sometimes you get clues along the way.

Anyway whatever.
All will be revealed on wednesday.
Its been enjoyable but i was expecting this strip to run for a bit longer than it has.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Seems like Cradlegrave does not end next week.No idea where i got that idea from.

Never mind.

I suppose i am half expecting clues because i am expecting the strip to end very soon because strips in the prog seem to run for a roughly set period of time.

Given the slow pace of this strip [which i am all in favor of BTW] what has been revealed so far is fine and as you would expect if you were reading a book for example but i cant help but expect all my loose ends to be tied up in one or 2  more progs because there is another strip waiting in the wings.

I think that Cradlegrave has been a slow burner but has picked up fans along the way who have the patience for it and really at the pace it is running at i would expect it to run for another 3 months at least and would be very happy if it did.

Other than that we will have to wait and see because unlike a book you never know you are at the end of a strip until you get there.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Enigmatic Dr X

I just hope Indigo Prime don't pop up. It'd kinda ruin it for me.
Lock up your spoons!

Mardroid

Quote from: "The Enigmatic Dr X"I just hope Indigo Prime don't pop up. It'd kinda ruin it for me.
It won't. John Smith has said so.

locustsofdeath!

I like this trailer...far more than the strip actually (I realize I am in the vast minority in this). Great job!

Dog Deever

Peter- the old man is harbouring her because she is his wife- it's evident from the story as the main characters have been known to the couple since they were really young.
They (at least) believe she has cancer, but she won't go to the hospital as she is afraid of dying in there- very common with old folks who know they are going to  die- they want to do it at home.

Whilst it's fairly obvious to us that she is afflicted with something more than cancer, he was obviously in denial and believed he could cope.

All of this has been made reasonably clear in the story- go back and read it all so far in a oner- just to refresh before the final part.
You won't be disappointed- it really is a cracker of a story.

Also, for w3bz, out of interest:
Can you reveal which software you use to make these trailers?
We do some band vids for oor youtube channel using Nero vision and Ulead. I only have a little experience at this as a former band member used to do it, but now I'm having to learn.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Comrade Aleksandr

Finished Cradlegrave yesterday. One of the best strips I've ever read.
It reminded me of a Stephen King story called Gray Matter, where a man slowly mutates into some kind of amoeba.
I actually like the fact that you never find out just what the hell is wrong with her. Maybe it was the embodiment of all the negative feelings on the estate.
Or maybe it was one of H.P Lovecrafts Old Ones.
Loved the idea of a trailer for it. Hope to see more of those to come!
Aleks
What are you looking at?

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Comrade Aleksandr on 16 July, 2009, 11:54:13 AM
Finished Cradlegrave yesterday. One of the best strips I've ever read.
It reminded me of a Stephen King story called Gray Matter, where a man slowly mutates into some kind of amoeba.

You're right Comrade! I had forgotten about that story - which was also similar to a short tale by Arthur Machen called "The White Powder". I can't recall if King said this was an influence on his story...

planetmirth

Nice work w3bz, I look forward to seeing more animated trailers.
'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

Judge Olde

Hard to believe it's been so long since this was in the prog. I just watched the trailer for the first time. I'd love to see more, this was better than the one for Origins.

mogzilla

whens the trade coming?

Emperor

Quote from: Judge Olde on 30 July, 2010, 06:03:18 PMI'd love to see more, this was better than the one for Origins.

Indeed - we need more trailers!! How about a general one for prog 1700?

Quote from: mogzilla on 30 July, 2010, 06:30:15 PM
whens the trade coming?

Never as it stands - Robo Keef says the page count isn't high enough and John Smith says that is it (at least until Tharg starts whispering of secret delights in his ear again and tempting him to brush the dust off). I did quickly brainstorm up some ideas for a Cradlegrave sequel though, which demonstrated to me that there are hanging threads which could be picked up and developed, so never say never.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Art

What? Dammit. I really wanted a trade of that.