Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 July, 2015, 12:55:22 PM
GRONK & FISH are secured for the Cellar :D

Well done. Where can I get them?  :(
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dreddzilla

Dreddzilla

My only real complaint about the 3A Dredd is the lack of daystick and MK II Lawgiver. I'm hoping they at least include a mk 2 for those of us who prefer that one, hell, even unbox industries is letting fans decide which one they'd like their dredd to hold by packing both versions.

Mikey

Hurray!

Quotecomplaint about the 3A Dredd is the lack of daystick and MK II Lawgiver

There's definitely a daystick in the pics up thread. Can't see there being a MkII lawgiver being included (who knows about variants?), think it's meant to be a 'classic' Dredd, even though it's not a MkI Lawmaster.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

COMMANDO FORCES

My American contact had his hands full with my request and he's just sent me this picture to show that he completed his mission.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Mikey on 10 July, 2015, 01:21:58 PM

Hurray!

Quotecomplaint about the 3A Dredd is the lack of daystick and MK II Lawgiver

There's definitely a daystick in the pics up thread. Can't see there being a MkII lawgiver being included (who knows about variants?), think it's meant to be a 'classic' Dredd, even though it's not a MkI Lawmaster.

M.
Your right he does have the daystick (yay!) It's not a deal breaker I'm buying this figure no matter what, I'd just prefer tp have the mk II. I always thought that was the Lawgiver model you'd really need on the streets. ;)
And I didn't get the vibe that this was supposed to be a classic Dredd, I mean if it was I'd assume they'd go earlier when dredd had the smaller shoulder armor and yellow knee pads.  :thumbsdown:

Mardroid

i'd prefer the mark 2 gun as well, (option of both would be great, but maybe that's greedgy) but it's a nice figure. I hope he has the boot knife too. I don't see it in those pictures, but as it's a prototype, who knows.

As long as it's not too expensive I will likely order this anyway. I prefer the face, on the Mezco version (the grimace/sunk in look is a bit too much here) but this one is secial otherwise.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Mardroid on 10 July, 2015, 02:04:58 PM
i'd prefer the mark 2 gun as well, (option of both would be great, but maybe that's greedgy) but it's a nice figure. I hope he has the boot knife too. I don't see it in those pictures, but as it's a prototype, who knows.

As long as it's not too expensive I will likely order this anyway. I prefer the face, on the Mezco version (the grimace/sunk in look is a bit too much here) but this one is secial otherwise.
I don't think it's greedy at all to at least ask for a mk 2 lawgiver and a boot knife, hell even the toy biz release had both lawgivers so I'd assume production costs wouldn't be too much compared to the actual figure. Since these are the prototypes hopefully Ashley and his crew would consider adding them. I don't think I'm the only one who'd be more then happy to pay more for dredd to have his full lineup of accessories.

Mardroid

Shudder. I just saw a couple of major type-os on my post above.

I can no longer post but

greedgy=greedy.
secial = special.

For some reason, when I use my tablet's keyboard, errors are not underlined...

Yes you have a point. I was very impressed by the sheer load of features the Mezco Dredd has. Mind you, that's reflected in the price, which I find a LOT for a figure of this scale.

Strangely, to get the classic Mark 2 style lawgiver, it looks like you have to opt for the Cursed Earth variant, which, while nice, is a bit too blue for my liking. Black, or dark blue/grey, is fine, but not that for me... The gun packed with the standard version is nice, and it does appear in some of the more recent Dredd's (I wouldn't mind if they used that as a model for the mark 3 or 4) but it's not what many think of when they think of the lawgiver.

I don't have many 3A figures (just the smaller* Mongrol and I ordered Sam slade**, so feel free to correct me) but I don't get the impression they will go for that range of added accessories. I don't think it's their thing, which is fine, as their thing is a GREAT quality poseable product otherwise.

But I'm hoping for the minimum of the three main weapons, lawgiver, daystick and boot-knife.

2 kinds of  lawgiver would be the icing on the cake.

*Comparatively speaking. It's LARGE figure, which just goes to show how big the 1/6 scale is.

** While we speak of accessories, I hope he has a holster for that blaster by the way.

Judge Brian

I want that Gronk & Fish so bad. Hopefully it's not a con exclusive.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 July, 2015, 12:54:33 AM

From twitter

Someone on FB pointed this out to me, but will this Dredd figure have ankle articulation? It appears to be missing it in the close up pics.

Atreides

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 12 July, 2015, 07:46:29 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 July, 2015, 12:54:33 AM

From twitter

Someone on FB pointed this out to me, but will this Dredd figure have ankle articulation? It appears to be missing it in the close up pics.

I dont think he will have, judging from photos of Sam slade he dont show anything either. And judge death and fire seems to only be able to move the front part of their feet up or down. Doesnt look like ankle articulation there either....
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

judda fett

There's probably articulation on the actual base figure under the boot, and if the boots are 'soft' or rubber the articulation should work fine for the ankles. Just a guess.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: judda fett on 12 July, 2015, 09:24:18 AM
There's probably articulation on the actual base figure under the boot, and if the boots are 'soft' or rubber the articulation should work fine for the ankles. Just a guess.
Hope it's not rubber, it's known to degrade quite quickly to varying degrees over time.

Atreides

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 12 July, 2015, 09:53:08 AM
Quote from: judda fett on 12 July, 2015, 09:24:18 AM
Hope it's not rubber, it's known to degrade quite quickly to varying degrees over time.

I think its just a whole boot, sadly. Possible that they do the same as death and only the front part of the boot is able to turn up or down.
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.