Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreides

Shipped Out or pre-order out? I belive pre-order might be out then. They need to tinker with it again, ad articulation on boots etc. Havent sen anything about a date yet.

Hope Someone might have more intel about this. Need to start saving up the credits! So much cool things coming... Sideshow scouttrooper with bike, MEZCOs dredd. And 2016 the 3a sixth scale series, i guess they will be around $160-200. The wife aint gonna be happy!
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Atreides on 19 July, 2015, 12:25:05 AM
Shipped Out or pre-order out? I belive pre-order might be out then. They need to tinker with it again, ad articulation on boots etc. Havent sen anything about a date yet.

Hope Someone might have more intel about this. Need to start saving up the credits! So much cool things coming... Sideshow scouttrooper with bike, MEZCOs dredd. And 2016 the 3a sixth scale series, i guess they will be around $160-200. The wife aint gonna be happy!
I REALLY HOPE you are right that it's just for pre-order because if it's out by September, then I need to sell a few organs. :o

Atreides

Judge fear is suppose to be out for pre-order before the lawman. Well you never know what 3a do. They spit out prototypes and we just wait. :P
I will face my Fear

Dreddzilla

Really hope 3A keeps the variants to a minimum this time.

COMMANDO FORCES

Dash Decent

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 July, 2015, 01:18:08 AM
Just confirming that there are three sets available folks.

First up the SDCC version is the CLEAN COLOURED set

The shop are selling the BLACK & WHITE set and the GRITTY COLOURED set. So that's everything cleared up now :thumbsup:

Thanks CF.  I didn't notice the 'Gritty Weathered' description until after you pointed it out.  Frustratingly, the pictures are so small there's no way to tell just how weathered they are.  Anyone got any bigger pictures?  The ones on the Bambaland website (and the Toyark site) look just like the photos of the SDCC set.

The black & white (comic) set isn't my cup of tea either.  What a pity the normal set is an exclusive and the weathered variant is open for all to buy.  I don't want a weathered Gronk, just one that looks nice and like the one in the comic!

Both sets here: http://www.bambalandstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=gronk

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Atreides

3A say that the weathered one will and I quote "The bamba editions will have darker weathering and differences in packaging."

Sadly no sample of them was ready for the sale...
I will face my Fear

Pete Wells

Welcome to the frustrating world of collecting ThreeA! Without a doubt THE most annoying company ever.

However, when they get it right, their products are amazing! 

BPP

The Gronk / fish in the pictures look just to be the SDCC ones put thru a hard light filter in Photoshop. So I would read too much into that picture.

The only real marker is that the three 3a 1/12 since the relaunch that have been seen in the wild (2x Death, 1 x robohunter) have looked great.

As for the Dredd date.. All that has been said is 'this year'. No indication if that includes the lawmaster. Personally I'd doubt it given the stage it was at at SDCC.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dreddzilla

I'm praying 3A goes easy on us and keeps the number of variants to a minimum.

COMMANDO FORCES

Here are the SDCC Gronk and Fish exclusives and just to show the size, they're in my hand in some shots!

Atreides

They are looking good! Freakin' awesome!
Thank you for those great pics CF!

I just hope they wont do too much weathering on the bambaland edition.
I will face my Fear

COMMANDO FORCES

There's a little stick that fits under Fish and into the bottom of his bowl, so he can sit at a certain height but for these pics, I didn't use it.

inkymonkey

Got my (highly expensive eBay-bought) SDCC set today, they are very lovely, if small. But damn it, I'm a completist, so I'm happy.

...and 1/12 scale Mongrol* looks happy to finally have some company, he was tired of his own company...

* Both versions, of course - didn't I say I was a completist? But it's STILL his own company, and the conversation was a bit basic, as one might expect.  ;)

Dash Decent

Thanks for the photos CF.  I'm pleased to see that the Gronk has 'real' fur.  Looking at the squinty 3A pictures I assumed it was solidly cast from the same stuff as the limbs and the face.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.