Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip-r mk2

I got the pay balance email yesterday as well, just clicked on the link and everything went through no problem.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

SIP

Weird. Wonder if it's something to do with my mobile phone. Will try it on my pc tonight.

SIP

Managed to speak to Nick from ID, other people were having exactly the same problem.

Sent me a new link and I'm sorted.

Man, £140........that hurt.

Pete Wells

Sorry SIP, just saw this. Yeah, I went in circles a lot before payment went through! Now, the excruciating wait!

SIP

Quote from: Pete Wells on 29 August, 2017, 06:50:50 PM
Sorry SIP, just saw this. Yeah, I went in circles a lot before payment went through! Now, the excruciating wait!

Hopefully only a couple of weeks - can't wait to get this one!

lincnash

Quote from: SIP on 29 August, 2017, 01:40:08 PM
Managed to speak to Nick from ID, other people were having exactly the same problem.

Sent me a new link and I'm sorted.

Man, £140........that hurt.

You guys/girls are some committed Squaxx, why are the prices so high ?.
Thats gotta be killing ThreeA sales in the core market of Brit-Cit.
The Brit-Cit government punishing hard working tax payers with another tax/duty on little dollies ?.
That is the sort of thing that makes people break the law and mark Customs Forms as "10 quid = gift"
I've seen the threads ID are trustworthy and reasonably priced, so they are not scalpers.

I wont post the price I paid for 1/6 Dreddly, (favourite H.K. retailer), you will all cry.
20% down and they will contact me soon (I hope) for the remaining 80%.
His price is under the $500 Aussie that attracts import duty and G.S.T. (goods & services Tax).

In 6 months you will still be happy and forget the cost anyway.  :D

SIP

Did you pay a lot less than £150?

I agree it's a lot of money (that I don't really have right now)......but in the 1/6 game that's relatively competitive. The average hot toy/sideshow figure will set you back £200. I paid £260 for my Darth Vader, and closer to £300 for Indiana jones (an equal contender to my Star Wars  obsession).

A lot of the other 1/6 companies (threezero, art figures etc) are cheaper, but mostly those figures either aren't of this quality (Dredd has a lot of individual armour pieces) or aren't officially licensed.

I think  £150 for this, if it looks like the prototype, is a pretty reasonable deal.

lincnash

Wasn't a dig at ThreeA prices SIP, I've seen the posts about Government duties being high in the U.K.
Been collecting 1/6 since they were known as "12 inch action figure" (no pissing contest intended).
Most retailers use the 20% down, 80% on release format.
Assumed you guys were around the £175 mark, £150 is not too bad.
If I convert to Sterling, I will be at £134 when all is said and done.
They had the same price (Worldwide Shipped) for all, so no discount shipping for H.K. to OZ.

When I post pic's of my collections and customs, it's my pride and wanting to share with Squaxx.
The "internet" in general seems to take it as "look what I have, drokk you all".
Here is my favourite vintage set, purchased about a decade after it was released (replica decals though).

Posted with pride, not narcissism.

lincnash

Just to prove my credentials and get into that pissing contest (*joke*  :lol:).
Something more modern.

I live for 2000AD and toys  :D

The Enigmatic Dr X

Is the mini Tharg for sale yet? The one on display at the 40th con?
Lock up your spoons!

SIP

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 29 August, 2017, 10:22:32 PM
Wasn't a dig at ThreeA prices SIP, I've seen the posts about Government duties being high in the U.K.
Been collecting 1/6 since they were known as "12 inch action figure" (no pissing contest intended).
Most retailers use the 20% down, 80% on release format.
Assumed you guys were around the £175 mark, £150 is not too bad.
If I convert to Sterling, I will be at £134 when all is said and done.

Oh no, wasn't implying that you were having a dig at all, I was just making a general comment on threea prices and was curious what you paid.

My bad if I articulated myself poorly!

lincnash

No worries SIP, Internet huh ?.
Reminds me of the Buddhist saying "perception is your own reality".
I was hoping you would post pic's of your collections in response.

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 29 August, 2017, 11:00:49 PM
Is the mini Tharg for sale yet? The one on display at the 40th con?

Not sure about Tharg, but my Rogue arrived this afternoon OZ time.
I guess Gunnar, Bagman and Helm are in a different shipment, cant wait.

;)

SIP

I'll post some pics up in the "where dust goes to gather" thread when I get a chance!

SIP

Sorry for the diversion.......this is my custom 1/6 Indy. Waiting on another custom head for him (have a few now), which I think will be the best one yet.

Sorry.....back to Dredd, who will be standing alongside this guy in a few weeks I hope.....in a cabinet, not the garden.

James Stacey

I got my balance payment request through but there is simply no way I can afford £140 at the moment. I'll just have to suck up the loss of deposit.