Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 19 September, 2017, 02:14:33 AM
I was a bit frustrated at first, the magnetic Badge would sit where it wanted.
With a gentle touch, you can get it to "sit in the right position".
I think ThreeA have put a fair bit of Engineering into big Dredd.
He really is superior to little Dredd.
I still love 'em both tho'.

I'm certain he is superior.....except for the helmet. I'm hoping it will grow on me in person, but that helmet choice is an unfortunate one for my tastes.

Just wish they had followed suit with the whole Bolland theme. Everything is pretty much Bolland (with a Mcmahon Lawgiver mk1), but then they went a random direction with the headsculpt and helmet. I prefer the straighter sides of a Bolland helmet, or the Steve Dillon style helmet they went with on the 1/12.

He still looks solid, and it's great to have a 1/6 comic Dredd. I have a spare art figures head and helmet, and I may need to experiment on this one.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

flip-r mk2

Whoohoo, Dredd has just landed in Bonnybridge, bugger time for me to go to work :(

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

moly

Got mine today and it's fantastic hope they continue with Anderson and death my inner 11 year old is over the moon

lincnash

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 19 September, 2017, 03:19:14 PM
Whoohoo, Dredd has just landed in Bonnybridge, bugger time for me to go to work :(

filippo

Bugger work for the day.
New Dredd is in da house.
Stay home and enjoy !!

You two Jimps just earned an extra five, for bootlegging.

TheTooN

After sitting for 5 days in customs I just checked again and its saying charges raised. You order the day it goes live on Bamba......pay 'in full' a year or whatever in advance and its nigh on the last to arrive and comes with extra charges to boot. I questioned the merits of buying direct when Apoc came out. I paid for 2 upfront AGAIN and then saw ID Toys selling it cheaper than Bambaland. If it does have customs on top it'll be ID Toys from now on, no point ordering direct.

I dont even know how they work charges out, as far as I remember 3A dont put the correct value on anything. What did everyone elses packaging have on for item value folks ? Did I jinx it buying 2 ? Did Gregory have a word with the team to make my paperwork special  >:D  :lol:

The extra cash is annoying but I just wanna play with my Dredd dolly now  :crazy:

Judgedreddrocks

TheTooN

I've seen a ton the last few days and not a soul has had any charges. I'm wondering if they shipped both in one big box instead of 2 separate singles and that caught customs eye. I'm used to customs charges  :crazy:, only stuff I buy that doesnt get hit is 3A.

I'm more peed off that I dont have Dredd and it could be days yet, he looks the mutts.

I went out and jetwashed everything in sight for 7 hours straight today so that I wasnt refreshing the tracking link every 5 minutes. Come in...and check and boom...bad news. Request for beer sent to the missus when she picks the nipper up !

Did your 2 get to you ok Pete ?

lincnash

From an OZ point of view, R.M. are a pack of Stomm-sucking Drokkers.
I'm selling on Ebay, sent a 1/6 figure to a girl in Slough U.K. (low-budget collector, friendly girl).
Sent from OZ on the 9th, arrived to U.K. Customs Clearance on the 14th.
For some unknown reason, R.M then sent it to ParcelForce for delivery.
A week later and ParcelForce (under R.M's direction) are holding delivery for "Customs Charges".
So for a unknown, random reason she has to pay Duty on a $70AUD 1/6 figure.
Poor.

Pay the Duty in pennies Toon, Drokk 'em.

Mikey

Quote from: TheTooN on 19 September, 2017, 06:17:50 PM
What did everyone elses packaging have on for item value folks ? Did I jinx it buying 2 ? Did Gregory have a word with the team to make my paperwork special  >:D  :lol

They probably sent them wrapped together - I've had that in the past - so it'll be a big package.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TheTooN

I still havent filled the paperwork in for a refund on the second customs charge for the replacement PCS Dredd statue Linc. (I'm the unluckiest Drokker alive...one broken and 2 customs fees) It should more than cancel out the Dredd ransom note if I can just get off my arse and face down the forms of death. 

I'm curious what charges they raise, if the paperwork is low as usual did they open it and check costs online ? I've never had anything like that before, just straight charges on the correctly filled in paperwork. HMRC are getting tougher and tougher on imports, changed a lot the past few years.

Hope the package is waiting for me at the depot and the letter arrives tomorrow, here by Friday all being well.

Good to see yours got through ok Pete :) Did they come in one big box or singles ?

I think thats a bit naughty of 3A if so Mikey, you dont get a postage reduction for buying multiples. Even if it costs 3A the same to do it either way, If it leaves you more at risk of a customs charge sending in a big box rather than singles its not very customer friendly.

Edit :- I've had multiple boxes arrive in laccy bands from them before, 2 or 3 figures. Never a big box, first time for everything though, good things come to those who wait I guess :)

lincnash

Quote from: Mikey on 19 September, 2017, 08:04:53 PM
Quote from: TheTooN on 19 September, 2017, 06:17:50 PM
What did everyone elses packaging have on for item value folks ? Did I jinx it buying 2 ? Did Gregory have a word with the team to make my paperwork special  >:D  :lol

They probably sent them wrapped together - I've had that in the past - so it'll be a big package.

Yep, FEAR and MORTIS were in separate 3A shipper boxes.
Strapped together with the tough blue straps, Newsagents use to bundle papers.
Oz Customs are okay, so no duties owing.

SIP

He's absolutely fantastic.
There have been quality issues with the 1/12 figures, but this guy is absolutely top notch. Really solid stuff.

Nothing I could do would make the shield sit in the right position, so I attached a small metal washer to Dredd's chest under his suit (just using a small piece of blu tack) in the correct position - sorted, badge attaches to that.

Great figure 3a - hope for more.

flip-r mk2

Almost time to get home and examine my shiny headed twelve incher  :D

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana