Main Menu

Attempts at the sample scripts

Started by Emperor, 19 January, 2010, 08:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

Great stuff James. You can see everything clearly and tell what's going on without those pesky word ballooon thingies. :cool:
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Kerrin

That's a cracking page James. The figurative drawing is far superior to some of the work we've seen in the prog and even without speech bubbles you can follow the story easily.

Good luck.

Bolt-01

All I'm going to say is that James should stop drokking around with this and get the BAD complany strip he's supposed to be working on done!

Nah- great to see you still pushing yourself.

Oh- and sort your email out! I don't want any electrical goods! :)

James

Thats next Bolt, I promise! I'm outta work at the moment so everyday's a drawing day.

Sorry about the spam, my missus clicked on a spam link and it's all gone horribly wrong since then.

Bolt-01

Outta work? Ah, that's Stomm.

Did you see the mail from Dan Whiston about paid work?

James

The birthday commision? Yeah, just waiting for confirmation from him.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 03 March, 2010, 12:47:42 PM
the BAD complany strip

will that have 'Klicky klicky Pentax!' in it?  :D
DDT did a job on me

nev

My hat is off to you James, I'm loving the work you've produced so far.

Jase

Alright Dudes,
Heres my shot at the Cycle of Violence script, sent it to Tharg today-
been really impressed with what James has done with this so far too!

So fingers crossed and I'll wait and see.....
"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a graphic artist- and one day soon,
I WILL BE." - Tim Bisley,

nev

Best of luck Jase, it looks fantastic.

Jase

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a graphic artist- and one day soon,
I WILL BE." - Tim Bisley,

mygrimmbrother

There's some seriously talented folk having a go at these - I hope we see a wave of new talent in the prog soon. Best of luck chaps.

TordelBack

Amazing work Jase, love that block war in particular, and the facial expressions on the last page are outstanding!  If I was to offer one humble criticism, it's interesting that Jase's go seems to have the same problem (for me) on the first page as on James' uncorrected version.  After those brilliant opening panels, the bottom three don't quite scan in the right order for my aged brain.  By page 2 I'm wondering why Dredd missed the first time.

locustsofdeath!

Fascinating to see two takes on the same script back-to-back, and both have their merits! Love the stark black and white of both - and I love all the constructive criticism given by board members. What a great place this is.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Love the use of shadows Jase. Adds a sort of Film Noir look to some of your panels.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla