Main Menu

Any chance of any more?

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 March, 2010, 09:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Bah, Vimeo vids don't play on the iPad so, can we have a YouTube channel too? Steve was spot on too, trailers of forthcoming American trades would be good, I'm sure some of us lot could help out. 

M.I.K.

More people watch YouTube than Vimeo.

More people watching = more people aware of product = potential for more people buying stuff.

w3bz

Yes yes, it's the MySpace of the video world ;)

IndigoPrime

More like the Facebook of the video world. I'm not sure what the MySpace of the video world would be. I really never want to see it though.

Steve Green

Depending on the artwork it would be worth looking at newer collections - if they were assembled digitally there may be instances where portions of the panels are separate which obviously makes it a lot easier.

In the case of older artwork you've got the extra work of filling in the gaps if you lift characters from the background.

Rebellion also the best copies of the art, outside of those people who own the original art.

Why not run a compo to do a trailer for a trade? Even possibly approach some of the After Effects tutorials sites like Videocopilot, supply decent res elements and see if anyone fancies a go?

You'd need to offer a decent prize - maybe some original art, but I'd say it's worth a try to see if there's any interest...

w3bz

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 August, 2010, 03:41:30 PM
More like the Facebook of the video world. I'm not sure what the MySpace of the video world would be. I really never want to see it though.

Worse yet, the Geocities version ;)

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 August, 2010, 04:37:26 PM
Depending on the artwork it would be worth looking at newer collections - if they were assembled digitally there may be instances where portions of the panels are separate which obviously makes it a lot easier.

In the case of older artwork you've got the extra work of filling in the gaps if you lift characters from the background.

Rebellion also the best copies of the art, outside of those people who own the original art.

Why not run a compo to do a trailer for a trade? Even possibly approach some of the After Effects tutorials sites like Videocopilot, supply decent res elements and see if anyone fancies a go?

You'd need to offer a decent prize - maybe some original art, but I'd say it's worth a try to see if there's any interest...

All great ideas for sure - I've always wanted to up the time spent on them :D, so who knows, maybe we'll get somewhere in the next...ohh I dunno, 5 years... ::)

Bolt-01

Hmm, Webz- I'm detecting a slight leakage in your despair buffer system. Better get that fixed before you end up visiting Mek-Quake.

(I mean you sound a bit cheesed off- It can't be all that bad, can it? For what it's worth- you are appreciated)

Emperor

I know you are stretched mighty thin w3bz, so I'd be happy to sort it all out for you - register the account, upload the videos and throw a few favourites around on 2000AD related goodies.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pete Wells

Oooooh W3bz, hope I didn't nark you in any way! It was a genuine offer for help and, sadly, I do enjoy making little trailers!

w3bz

Quote from: Pete Wells on 20 August, 2010, 08:17:20 AM
Oooooh W3bz, hope I didn't nark you in any way! It was a genuine offer for help and, sadly, I do enjoy making little trailers!

:lol: no not at all, I'm feeling the pressure and want to spend more time on 2000 AD but I'm not getting the chance at the moment  ::)

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 20 August, 2010, 01:14:04 AM
Hmm, Webz- I'm detecting a slight leakage in your despair buffer system. Better get that fixed before you end up visiting Mek-Quake.

(I mean you sound a bit cheesed off- It can't be all that bad, can it? For what it's worth- you are appreciated)

Thanks m'man - I didn't mean to sound cheesed off, it's just like I've said above, not enough hours in the day currently  ;)

Quote from: Emperor on 20 August, 2010, 04:31:21 AM
I know you are stretched mighty thin w3bz, so I'd be happy to sort it all out for you - register the account, upload the videos and throw a few favourites around on 2000AD related goodies.

That would be AWSOME indeed :D

Thanks guys!

Emperor

Quote from: w3bz on 20 August, 2010, 12:07:19 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 20 August, 2010, 04:31:21 AM

That would be AWSOME indeed :D

Ignoring the glaring typo... ;) I'll get that sorted out this evening and send you the account details.

How many trailers are there? Defoe, Cradlegrave and... is that it? I think I might need a direct link to the mp4 file for Cradlegrave (and any others) and I can get them online.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

w3bz

What typo? (Fist in air at being Admin!) :P

Cool yeah there's the compilation one too in the media section of the main website.

Fanks :D*

*Intentional typo...

Emperor

Quote from: w3bz on 20 August, 2010, 03:25:45 PM

It is, embarrassingly still spelt wrong - no "e" on the end and an "r" instead of a "w".

Quote from: w3bz on 20 August, 2010, 03:25:45 PMCool yeah there's the compilation one too in the media section of the main website.

Righto.

w3bz

Quote from: Emperor on 20 August, 2010, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: w3bz on 20 August, 2010, 03:25:45 PM

It is, embarrassingly still spelt wrong - no "e" on the end and an "r" instead of a "w".

Quote from: w3bz on 20 August, 2010, 03:25:45 PMCool yeah there's the compilation one too in the media section of the main website.

Righto.

Screw you buddy I'm trying to iterate through XML in AS2 and it ain't pretty :D

Anyway, I was trying to spell "awesome"...

There really are some grammar nazi's in this place...and I thought I was bad!

Emperor

Quote from: w3bz on 20 August, 2010, 03:42:27 PMAnyway, I was trying to spell "awesome"...

There really are some grammar nazi's in this place...and I thought I was bad!

And I as trying to spell arsom, which makes me a grammar Nazi's worst nightmare ;)