Main Menu

American Gothic

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 July, 2010, 08:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

well that was fun. I'm a big fan of the western and feel its a genre under used in 2000ad. Well a traditional western setting that is, the format has been used plenty. Anyway I digress so I was chuffed when I came across this as part of my catch-up. Its a story that seems to have complete slipped under my radar and I can't for the life of me think why. Its not often discussed so hearing what other people think would certainly be interesting.

Its a great concept, executed well and a very entertaining read. Ok the villian could have been fleshed out a little more and been a bit more original and the end felt a little rushed. A few extra episodes to increase the tension. To have the hunter slowly hunt their victims rather than a single raid, all but wiping out the wagon train would have been nice. That aside however a good story.

As for the art well that was a delight. Around episode 7 as the story darken up I noticed a real Klaus Janson feel to the inking and I bloody love Klaus Janson. The way it slowly got darker and darker to match the tone was fantastic. Wonderful atmospheric work from Mike Collins as good as I've seen from him.

Hi ho silver