Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Radiator's pic shows all:

more spinetingling fun on the apt thread: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,33880.0.html
DDT did a job on me

Colin Zeal

You're all being ridiculous. As long as the content is good what does the spine matter?

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

HOW VERY DARE YOU!

Trout

I reckon that editions make a difference.

The discrepancy in height between 6 and 7 is significantly more in Radiator's pic than it is on the Case Files I can see on my shelf.

Colin has a point. I'm not quite as bothered as some people but it is a little annoying. The spine is the part of the book you see most often. Neat spines are a pleasure to look at.

- Trout

James Stacey

For that matter.. look at the Dante spines. Look at them. Something they could have easily remedied with the american release, even going so far as to add some other goodies to sweeten the deal. But did they? DID THEY !

Grant Goggans

It's really simple.  I look at Titan's Dan Dare and Charley's War books, and Fantagraphics' Peanuts books, and I want something as nice-looking as that on my 2000 AD shelves.  Consistency is key.  I still can't believe these stinking American editions keep not following the pattern.  I'm not ordering the new The Black Hole until I see with my own eyes that I can replace the DC edition with one that I can slot with the others.

Try suggesting that Fanta should fire Seth and have somebody new design The Complete Peanuts 1987-88.  We're declawed, baby pussycats compared to how people would riot.  WITH GOOD REASON.

Colin Zeal

Am I going to be shunned at the next forum meet up/convention?

SmallBlueThing

Shunned like a biscuit.

SBT

The Adventurer

I solved my 'dilemma' by finally giving up keeping all my 2000 AD TPs separated from the rest of my graphic novels. Its marginally more appealing since all my GNs don't match.

Click for Full Size!

Paperbacks 1

Paperbacks 2 (I've recently added Nikolia Dante Vol.9 and 10, which are not show)

Paperbacks 3

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 October, 2011, 03:52:17 PM

Look at how nice those Akira spines look together.

Also, remember when Spine Chat got forever immortalized?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 12 October, 2011, 04:47:30 PM
I still can't believe these stinking American editions keep not following the pattern.  I'm not ordering the new The Black Hole until I see with my own eyes that I can replace the DC edition with one that I can slot with the others.

I've had the new Black Hole for a couple of months now, and can confirm it fits in nicely with all the other ABC books.
@jamesfeistdraws

Grant Goggans

Now, that's good news!  Sure is a shame that Dante, Low Life, Harry 20 etc couldn't have also been given the right treatment though.

The Adventurer

Dante pisses me off the MOST.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 12 October, 2011, 05:28:28 PM
Am I going to be shunned at the next forum meet up/convention?

Nap, El Chivo, Uncle Fester & Supersurfer decide how long Colin has to stand outside the pub for not giving a toss about the spines of Rebellions tpb's

SmallBlueThing

Mardroid, surely?

:D

SBT