Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 24 February, 2012, 02:52:34 PM
I really hope that is the cover they use for the Savage trade. Looks arsom. :lol:

It is.

One of those other books will have a brand spanking new cover though.

Evil Pants

The Ampney Crucis trade hit the west coast of Canada 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone know if the Absalom trade will be collecting everything up to and including the thrill that just ended? Looking forward to that one, and to the Kingdom trade. If the recent trade delay continues the way it has been going lately, that one will probably be here in about a month.
My opinions on comics can be found here: http://fourcoloursandthetruth.wordpress.com/

Webcomics, as written by me, can be found here: http://condoofmystery.com/

The Adventurer

Quote from: Evil Pants on 28 February, 2012, 08:03:10 AM

Does anyone know if the Absalom trade will be collecting everything up to and including the thrill that just ended? Looking forward to that one, and to the Kingdom trade. If the recent trade delay continues the way it has been going lately, that one will probably be here in about a month.

I assume the Absalom TP will. It seems standard practice at this point for new series to collect the two main stories, along with any one-offs between them in new TPs.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Evil Pants

Quote from: The Adventurer on 28 February, 2012, 08:21:26 PM
Quote from: Evil Pants on 28 February, 2012, 08:03:10 AM

I assume the Absalom TP will. It seems standard practice at this point for new series to collect the two main stories, along with any one-offs between them in new TPs.

Great, thanks! Gettiing both Caballistics trades has probably been the most difficult task I've faced since starting to collect various 2000AD trades, so now my shop is getting what I need for me right away. Looking forward to Absalom for sure.
My opinions on comics can be found here: http://fourcoloursandthetruth.wordpress.com/

Webcomics, as written by me, can be found here: http://condoofmystery.com/

douglaswolk

U.S. Amazon site lists several things I hadn't seen mentioned before:

July 17: Judge Dredd: Inferno (credits Morrison, Millar and Ezquerra, which I take to mean that it'll include "Purgatory" too; I note also that there's no longer a listing for the "Ichabod Azrael" book)

Oct. 11: Tharg's Creepy Chronicles ("writers – Mark Millar, Gordon Rennie, Chris Weston, Simon Spurrier, Arthur Wyatt and artists – Dave D'Antiquis, Frazer Irving, Lee Garbett, Chris Weston, Edmund Bagwell")

Nov. 13: The Ten-Seconders: American Dream

Dec. 11: Judge Dredd: The Garth Ennis Collection (artists listed are "Steve Dillon, John Burns, Dermot Power, Cliff Robinson, Greg Staples, Colin McNeil" (sic)--but not John Higgins, which is a pity, because "Monkey On My Back" could really use an encore appearance)

The Adventurer

I'm actually kinda happy to see The Ten-Seconders getting collected. Even if American Dream was seriously crippled by its artist change up(s).

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Quote from: douglaswolk on 02 March, 2012, 07:15:17 AM
July 17: Judge Dredd: Inferno (credits Morrison, Millar and Ezquerra, which I take to mean that it'll include "Purgatory" too; I note also that there's no longer a listing for the "Ichabod Azrael" book)

Dec. 11: Judge Dredd: The Garth Ennis Collection (artists listed are "Steve Dillon, John Burns, Dermot Power, Cliff Robinson, Greg Staples, Colin McNeil" (sic)--but not John Higgins, which is a pity, because "Monkey On My Back" could really use an encore appearance)

Still going for the big name draws rather than quality. Still I'm sure they know what they're doing and if it draws people in all the better I guess?

As for the 'Ichabod' book its still on the UK site I'm pleased to say with a July date, we'll know soon enough if we see a start date for the new series if it'll make that kinda date?

TordelBack

July 17: Judge Dredd: Inferno (credits Morrison, Millar and Ezquerra, which I take to mean that it'll include "Purgatory" too

I was about to make my traditional comment of 'well that's another one that's bound to change US opinions of Dredd ::)', and then I thought: 'hang on, I'd quite like a collection that included Purgatory'.  I could always take off the specs and gaze lovingly at the art from arms length without being nauseated by the dialogue...

I wonder is there a foreign language edition in the offing? 

Emperor

U.S. Amazon site lists several things I hadn't seen mentioned before:

Oct. 11: Tharg's Creepy Chronicles ("writers – Mark Millar, Gordon Rennie, Chris Weston, Simon Spurrier, Arthur Wyatt and artists – Dave D'Antiquis, Frazer Irving, Lee Garbett, Chris Weston, Edmund Bagwell")

Nov. 13: The Ten-Seconders: American Dream

S&S have them listed with all the covers, except the Creep Chronicles (which I assume is being held back for an exclusive reveal somewhere - I'm betting on another Frazer Irving cover):

www.simonandschuster.com/search?term=2000ad&bpp=10&Ns=ON_SALE_DATE
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Batman's Superior Cousin

Out of curiosity, what's the next Dante arc (The Dante Gambit) about???
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

kos

Hi
Any update on the release prog for Ichabod Asrael and especially Damnation station?

flintlockjaw

We need a 'Slaine: Celt Files' reprinting all the B&W Slaine stories up to 'The Horned God'. C'mon Rebellion...even Pat Mills is onboard for this one.

O Lucky Stevie!

Surely they deserve original size hardcover treatment? To match the Langley books?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

JOE SOAP

Well there's a lot more of them than there is of Langley's stories so a case files treatment is cheaper, plus they're black & white which suits the current format.

flintlockjaw

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 March, 2012, 12:17:59 AM
Well there's a lot more of them than there is of Langley's stories so a case files treatment is cheaper, plus they're black & white which suits the current format.

Yeah. Reprint the B&W stories as a 'Celt Files' a and then do hardcover 'original size' trades for the colour Slaine strips.