Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion was surprisingly enjoyable. Pity I don't have a bluray player.
We never really die.

Dash Decent

Now listed on Amazon UK for pre-order: The Batman/Judge Dredd Collection

Click here!

Hardcover
320 pages
DC Comics
27 Nov 2012
ISBN: 1401236766

Blurb: "When Batman crosses paths with the gleefully violent Judge Dredd, things are bound to get ugly! In these tales from the 1990s, the two crimefighters face The Riddler and The Joker and battle extra-dimensional gladiators."

Also:

Snow/Tiger - 14 May 2013
Click!

Zombo: You Smell of Crime and I'm the Deodorant - 15 Oct 2013
Clicketty-click!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 March, 2012, 11:05:11 AM

Click here!

Uh how tempting is that, I only own the first couple of these. I'll wait to see if the book will be UK or US dimensions (given that's its a DC book I suspect the smaller alas) but its a great way to get Dredd into more US readers hands either way.

Dark Jimbo

Cool! Still never read any of these and I'd like to fill in the gaps left aafter Necropolis. I've always held off buying any collections because I was waiting for one that contained all four stories - hopefully this will be it.
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

Lets hope there is a Rebellion edition released too.

radiator

Been waiting for a reprint of the Batman/Dredd stories!

320 pages seems a bit slight for all four stories - anyone got time to do the maths?

Hardcover sounds nice, but I'm hoping there will be a complete Rebellion edition out at the same time...

If Vendetta (my favourite of the stories) is missing again I may give it a miss...

Dark Jimbo

Knowing Amazon's listings as I do, I'm taking 'hardcover' with a pinch of salt for now.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Quote from: radiator on 23 March, 2012, 12:04:48 PM320 pages seems a bit slight for all four stories - anyone got time to do the maths?

According to Barney:

Judgment on Gotham: 60
Vendetta on Gotham: 46
Ultimate Riddle: 46
Die Laughing: 92

So that's 244. 320pp seems plenty, if it's accurate.

radiator

Cool. Suppose including the Lobo/Dredd stry would be asking a bit much?

Robo-K33F

Quote from: radiator on 23 March, 2012, 12:49:51 PM
Cool. Suppose including the Lobo/Dredd stry would be asking a bit much?

Hmmm...that's an interesting idea.

Hawkmumbler

BM/JD and L/JD in one hardback edition would be nothing short of awsome.

Tombo

Also:

Snow/Tiger - 14 May 2013
Click!

Thats going to be one thin graphic novel, it barely filled a floppy in the Meg.  I'm guessing they'll be some other stories in there with it.

Odd how a story that ends with a genocidal right wing fanatic announcing his plans to run for president is coming out just as the US election machine heads towards its conclusion.

Zombo: You Smell of Crime and I'm the Deodorant - 15 Oct 2013
Clicketty-click!

Best. Book. Name. EVER.

PreacherCain

Wonder what the extra content in the JD/Batman trade is? Might be the Lobo special alright. Or maybe a lot of sketchbook material.

Count my vote for an Omnibus style collection of Dante trades too. My preferred model would be the current BPRD Plague of Frogs omnibus editions that collect three trades in one book with lots of extra material.

Though the colour Case Files tend to be somewhere in the region of 280 pages so I suppose it might only be economically feasible to do two issues at a time. Would love to see something like this for Dante anyway as it's 2000AD's best series of the last ten years (hell, maybe ever!) and I'm not up for re-shelling out for 11 or 12 trades, some of which are hard to find  :'(

I, Cosh

Quote from: PreacherCain on 26 March, 2012, 10:17:23 PM
Wonder what the extra content in the JD/Batman trade is? Might be the Lobo special alright. Or maybe a lot of sketchbook material.
320 is generally Amazon's default pagecount for any new Case Files volume or similar so I wouldn't take it as gospel.
We never really die.

O Lucky Stevie!

Blurb: "When Batman crosses paths with the gleefully violent Judge Dredd,

Pffft. & they say that Americans don't get Dredd.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"