Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: pops1983 on 31 March, 2012, 02:32:54 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 31 March, 2012, 02:05:16 AM
Maybe  it wasn't quite the first episode, but Nikolai Dante starts with our devil may care hero helpless in chains before Tsar Vladimir the Conqueror. How else can it end?

One of the Arbatovs gets the last laugh?

I have wondered that myself.

Emperor

Brass Sun seems to have dropped off the list. Foolishly (despite Stevie giving us the pointer) I never did Google it. I now have. The writer is Ian Edginton and the artist is INJ Culbard.

From 2006:

QuoteWhat's next for you?

Brass Sun is a fantasy epic about a clockwork solar system and its inhabitants but that's a little way off yet. There's a very good chance it will have a home in a market outside of comics but I don't want to say anymore for now.

www.2000adreview.co.uk/features/interviews/2006/edginton/ian-edginton.shtml

From January this year:

QuoteIE: I have several new series for 2000 AD over here; there's the fourth series of the steampunk gothic Stickleback with artist D'Israeli; the eleventh and final series of the pirate fantasy The Red Seas, with Steve Yeowell; and the first of a new science-fantasy series, The Brass Sun, with I. N. J. Culbard of Vertigo's New Deadwardians fame.

www.darkhorse.com/Blog/809/immortal-interview-writer-ian-edginton

So there you go - seems to still be on track and scheduled to appear in the prog. Time to stick it back on the list I think.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Taryn Tailz

Pleased to see another series of Stickeback is on the way, as its been far too long since the last series. The Brass Sun actually sounds quite interesting, so looking forward to that when it materialises.

PreacherCain

Culbard is a great artist, was really impressed with his work on the New Deadwardians.

strontium71

I don't want to start a new thread just for this question , so it's best just to ask it here. Are there still plans to release Rogue Trooper : Tales of Nu-Earth vol.3?  Vol.2 ends with him about to land on Horst. I know that there were the other graphic novels like Re:Gene which print the Horst storyline , but why not in the Tales... series? Then there are the Hit...stories , the Fridays , War Machine etc...
...because I hate you.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: strontium71 on 07 April, 2012, 10:28:15 AM
I don't want to start a new thread just for this question , so it's best just to ask it here. Are there still plans to release Rogue Trooper : Tales of Nu-Earth vol.3?  Vol.2 ends with him about to land on Horst. I know that there were the other graphic novels like Re:Gene which print the Horst storyline , but why not in the Tales... series? Then there are the Hit...stories , the Fridays , War Machine etc...

Volume 3 is coming out later this year.

strontium71

Thanks Keef! That's great news  :)
Will this volume wrap up all the final strands of Rogue , even the Hit stories that were published in one of the specials - the actual issue eludes me for now..?
...because I hate you.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: strontium71 on 07 April, 2012, 12:05:45 PM
Will this volume wrap up all the final strands of Rogue , even the Hit stories that were published in one of the specials - the actual issue eludes me for now..?

All of The Hit is in there, including the finale which ran in one of the specials that is eluding me as well.

strontium71

Excellent! I know some people don't care for the Hit stories but I'm a sucker for Dillon whatever he draws.
...because I hate you.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 07 April, 2012, 12:54:56 PM
Quote from: strontium71 on 07 April, 2012, 12:05:45 PM

All of The Hit is in there, including the finale which ran in one of the specials that is eluding me as well.
:D
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Robo-K33F

Quote from: strontium71 on 07 April, 2012, 12:59:01 PM
Excellent! I know some people don't care for the Hit stories but I'm a sucker for Dillon whatever he draws.

There is a lot of lovely art in volume 3 - some great annual and special strips.

Mark Taylor

QuoteIE: I have several new series for 2000 AD over here; there's the fourth series of the steampunk gothic Stickleback with artist D'Israeli; the eleventh and final series of the pirate fantasy The Red Seas, with Steve Yeowell; and the first of a new science-fantasy series, The Brass Sun, with I. N. J. Culbard of Vertigo's New Deadwardians fame.

Now that The Red Seas is coming to an end I really hope it finally gets the case files treatment. All 11 series should fit into two case files size volumes.

Colin YNWA

That would be a lovely collection. I'm not sure it'll happen given that apparently the other trades didn't sell too well?

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 April, 2012, 07:36:10 PM
That would be a lovely collection. I'm not sure it'll happen given that apparently the other trades didn't sell too well?

True, but case files style volume normally sell better than skinny trades. Case in point, the original Robo-Hunter trades did not do too well but we still got them in case files format. I'm not sure, but I think Anderson may have been a similar case also.

...So here's hoping!

Syne

Quote from: strontium71 on 07 April, 2012, 12:59:01 PM

I always though the Hit stories were okay, though they did go on a bit long. I've never read the finale, so it's good that it's finally being republished.

That said, I quite enjoyed the Harlem Heroes reboot when it first appeared - so maybe my taste isn't to be trusted. . .