Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Looks like they've dusted off a few of the old Black Flame Dredd novels as part of the getting-stuff-out-there-in-Dredd-movie-year plan:

"Dredd" - collecting Dredd vs Death, Kingdom of the Blind, & The Final Cut.

I thought "The Final Cut" was a great Dredd read.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

strontium_dog_90

Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 May, 2012, 01:52:50 PM
Looks like they've dusted off a few of the old Black Flame Dredd novels as part of the getting-stuff-out-there-in-Dredd-movie-year plan:

Marvellous news - I always loved "Kingdom of the Blind" and was amazed to read a blog recently by David Bishop saying he didn't think it was very good. I read pretty much all of the Dredd prose novels, and that was always my favourite. The other two are pretty good choices, too!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 May, 2012, 01:52:50 PM

Oooh! Lovely! Hopefuly more of these, I hear Dread Dominion is an interesting read.

radiator

Dredd Dominion was a Virgin novel, not Black Flame - doubt any of the Virgin novels will ever get reprinted tbh.

DarkDaysBish-OP

Kingdom of the Blind - urgh. Not my best work, even among the five Dredd novels I wrote.
It is the perviest Dredd novel, as I put in lots of gratuitous sex scenes to keep myself interested.
The copy editor at Black Flame freaked out and removed anything involving anal penetration, IIRC.
[Good thing she never got her hands on any of my Nikolai Dante novels - now they are pervy...]

From what little I know about the forthcoming film, my first Dredd novel for Black Flame - Bad Moon Rising - actually shares some plot elements with it [entirely by coincidence, I hasten to add].

davidbishop

Proudhuff

Quote from: DarkDaysBish-OP on 18 May, 2012, 06:27:13 PM
It is the perviest Dredd novel, as I put in lots of gratuitous sex scenes to keep myself interested.
The copy editor at Black Flame freaked out and removed anything involving anal penetration,

More Black Lace that black Flame then?
DDT did a job on me

DarkDaysBish-OP

Verging on Nexus in parts, to be honest - an erotica range that the writers' guidelines described without shame as 'books to be read one-handed'.

Life before the Kindle!

Hawkmumbler

Pervy sex scene's in a Dredd novel? That's my kinda book.  :lol:

Michael Evans

Has Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 19 been sighted? I've just had my order cancelled by Book Depository and both they and Amazon are listing it as out of stock.

SmallBlueThing

Yes, i definitely exists. There's one in my local wh smiths.

SBT

TordelBack

Dash Decent

Ah, the first offering from IDW now up on Amazon UK -

Judge Dredd: The Complete Brian Bolland

Hardcover, 248 pages, IDW Publishing, 6 Nov 2012.

If would be nice if complete meant including recent prog covers & those early American reprint comics.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Link Prime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 19 May, 2012, 12:05:20 PM
Ah, the first offering from IDW now up on Amazon UK -

Judge Dredd: The Complete Brian Bolland

Hardcover, 248 pages, IDW Publishing, 6 Nov 2012.

If would be nice if complete meant including recent prog covers & those early American reprint comics.

When was the last time you bought a "Complete" anything that lived up to it's name?
Gruddamn you publishers!

I do intend to get this though, looks mighty purty.

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 May, 2012, 04:36:46 PM
When was the last time you bought a "Complete" anything that lived up to it's name?

It's just not good business - always leave 'em wanting more. 

(Example: the recent 'vintage' RotJ Luke Skywalker from Hasbro: he should be the ultimate 'complete' Jabba's Palace Luke, having a lovely sculpt, endless articulation, a soft-goods under tunic, his long-long-absent utility belt (removable) and even the half-built lightsabre and space-screwdriver from the Blu-Ray deleted scene, but: instead of his simple cloak he has a non-movie-accurate sleeved robe, and his hair is parted on the wrong side.  Quality control oversights in an otherwise perfact, or a deliberate attempt to make people buy yet another Jedi Luke in the future?)

Spikes

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 May, 2012, 04:36:46 PM

This is complete isnt it?    oh, hang on.....