Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

It was complete when it was released, in fairness.
@jamesfeistdraws

ChrisPuzak

Quote from: Michael Evans on 19 May, 2012, 12:32:05 AM
Has Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 19 been sighted? I've just had my order cancelled by Book Depository and both they and Amazon are listing it as out of stock.

I got an email from them saying it was processing,and then just an email last night saying it had been cancelled. I see a couple of places online listing it as in stock, but no place I've ever actually ordered from.

Spikes

radiator

I'm a bit confused about the Bolland book - presumably it won't include all of The Cursed Earth, Block Mania and The Judge Child Quest....

Will those episodes be presented out of context?

Dash Decent

That's what I was wondering, too - the complete Bolland doesn't mean the complete story in any of those cases.  To be fair to Tharg, though, "Judge Dredd: The Carlos Ezquerra collection" included parts of stories not drawn by Carlos.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Michael Evans

Quote from: ChrisPuzak on 19 May, 2012, 07:15:27 PM
Has Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 19 been sighted? I've just had my order cancelled by Book Depository and both they and Amazon are listing it as out of stock.

I got an email from them saying it was processing,and then just an email last night saying it had been cancelled. I see a couple of places online listing it as in stock, but no place I've ever actually ordered from.

It obviously exists but even the 2000AD Shop isn't listing it. I'll be patient, I'm sure it will turn up in due course.

glassstanley

My amazon pre-order arrived early last week.

Emperor

Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 May, 2012, 01:52:50 PM
Looks like they've dusted off a few of the old Black Flame Dredd novels as part of the getting-stuff-out-there-in-Dredd-movie-year plan:

"Dredd" - collecting Dredd vs Death, Kingdom of the Blind, & The Final Cut.

I thought "The Final Cut" was a great Dredd read.

Any chance of a Kindle edition?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

glassstanley

Kindle editions of the Black Flame novels are already available.

a chosen rider

Quote from: glassstanley on 22 May, 2012, 02:13:34 PM
Kindle editions of the Black Flame novels are already available.

Thanks for that - I think.  My Amazon wishlist just expanded rather a lot.  How many Dreddverse books were there?  I managed to find nine Dredds and three Andersons.  (Is there a topic around here somewhere for general discussion of 2000ad novels/prose stories?)
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

glassstanley

Yep - 9 Dredds and 3 Andersons.

The 9 Virgin Dredds haven't been digitised and I'd guess they never will.

DarkDaysBish-OP

Alongside the Dredd and Anderson novels, Black Flame also published three Nikolai Dante novels, three Fiends of the Eastern Front novels [plus a related novel set in the Pacific theatre of war called Fiends of the Rising Sun], and other novels based on 2000AD character universes - ABC Warriors and Durham Red, amongst others.

Link Prime

Quote from: DarkDaysBish-OP on 23 May, 2012, 06:48:05 AM
Alongside the Dredd and Anderson novels, Black Flame also published three Nikolai Dante novels, three Fiends of the Eastern Front novels [plus a related novel set in the Pacific theatre of war called Fiends of the Rising Sun], and other novels based on 2000AD character universes - ABC Warriors and Durham Red, amongst others.

I bought the ABC Warriors 'Medusa War' one.
Not the finest hour from Mills / Mitchell.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: DarkDaysBish-OP on 23 May, 2012, 06:48:05 AM

The Fiends of the Eastern Front trilogy was pretty good throughout, and gave some nice background to Constanta. Of course if you want to read full reviews for the trilogy then all three are reviewed on my blog...cough cough.  ::)

hippynumber1

I thoroughly enjoyed the Dante novels - I managed to get the omnibus edition for £1 in one of those 'end of our stock' temporary shops that seem to pop up! After reading them, I wished I'd bought them years ago...