Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

You missed me gushing on Twitter.

I'm pretty excited by that Dredd. It'll be a Megazine one, BTW, date unknown.

O Lucky Stevie!

You crazy kids with your heliographs  :D

Glad to know that no offense was taken.

Great to know that you're now tackling Dredd & that we'll be seeing more David* goodness.

*Cadet Anderson, Your Green Zarjazship. Put the Roach droid on Cadet Anderson.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

radiator

http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Blu-ray-Sylvester-Stallone/dp/B008C0C1Y8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1340884181&sr=8-6&keywords=dredd

Up for pre-order on Amazon.com - release date September 18th 2012.

No word as yet on a UK release. If there is one then hopefully it'll have a better choice of cover image.

radiator

2000 AD:

Aquila: Blood of the Inceni by Gordon Rennie/Leigh Gallagher - starts prog 17xx
Lenny Zero: Zero's Seven (8 episodes) by Andy Diggle/Ben Willsher - starts prog 1792
ABC Warriors: (title TBC) by Pat Mills/Clint Langley - starts prog 1800
Judge Dredd (major new storyline, title TBC) by Al Ewing/Artists TBC - starts TBC
Judge Dredd: The Death of Dan-E Cannon by Chris Weston - (one-off) TBC (prog 1800?)
Savage: Rise Like Lions (Book 8, 12 episodes) by Pat Mills/Patrick Goddard - starts TBC (prog 1800?)
Strontium Dog - The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha: Mutant Spring by John Wagner/Carlos Ezquerra - starts TBC
Tharg's 3rillers: Gunheads by T.C. Eglinton/Boo Cook - starts TBC
Stickleback (title TBC) by Ian Edginton/D'Israeli - starts TBC
Brass Sun by Ian Edginton/I.N.J. Culbard/D'Israeli - starts TBC
Zombo (title TBC) by Al Ewing/Henry Flint - starts TBC
Damnation Station (Book 2, title TBC, final series) by Al Ewing/Artist TBC - starts TBC
Ampney Crucis Investigates... The Entropy Tango by Ian Edginton/Simon Davis(?) - starts TBC
Low Life: Saudade by Rob Williams/D'Israeli - starts TBC
The Red Seas: (title TBC, 5 episodes) by Ian Edginton/Steve Yeowell - starts TBC
The Red Seas: (title TBC, final series) by Ian Edginton/Steve Yeowell - starts TBC
Greysuit (title TBC) by Pat Mills/John Higgins - starts TBC
Defoe: The Damned by Pat Mills/Leigh Gallagher(?) - starts TBC
Possible new Dark Judges series by John Wagner/Greg Staples - very much TBC
Possible new 2000ad project by Alec Worely/David Roach - TBC

Judge Dredd Megazine:

Judge Anderson: Stone Voices (5 episodes) by Alan Grant/Boo Cook - starts Meg 327
Judge Dredd: Inversion by Arthur Wyatt/David Roach - (one-off) TBC
Insurrection III(TBC) by Dan Abnett/Colin Macniel - starts TBC
Devlin Waugh: Exquisite Corpses by John Smith/Peter Doherty - starts TBC
Devlin Waugh: Ship of Fools by John Smith/Peter Doherty - starts TBC
The Simping Detective (possible new series, details TBC) by Si Spurrier/Artist TBC - starts TBC
American Reaper: Title TBC by Pat Mills/Clint Langley - TBC

Megazine Graphic Novel Supplements:

Bato Loco - Meg 326
Marauder - Meg 327

2000ad Graphic Novels - UK (provisional list - subject to change):

The Complete DR & Quinch (reprint) - June 2012
Slaine: The Horned God (hardback reprint) - June 2012
Mean Machine: Real Mean (reprint) - June 2012
Savage: The Guv'nor - July 2012
Strontium Dog: The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha - July 2012
Judge Dredd: The Restricted Files 04 - Aug 2012
Shakara: The Destroyer - Aug 2012
Judge Dredd: The Dark Judges (B format) - Sep 2012
Nikolai Dante: Sympathy for the Devil - Oct 2012
The Batman/Judge Dredd Collection (featuring Dredd vs Lobo) - Nov 2012
Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu-Earth 03 - Nov 2012
Shako - Dec 2012
Snow/Tiger - TBC
Zombo: You Smell Like Crime and I'm the Deodorant - TBC

2000ad Graphic Novels - US (provisional list - all subject to change):

Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu Earth 01 - May 2012
Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 05 - June 2012
Judge Dredd: When Judges Go Bad (June 2012)
Judge Dredd: Inferno (July 2012)
The Grevious Journey of Ichabod Azrael (and the Dead Left in his Wake) - July 2012
Shakara: The Destroyer - Aug 2012
Strontium Dog: Mutant For Hire - Aug 2012
Judge Dredd: Cry of the Werewolf - Sep 2012
Tharg's Creepy Chronicles - Oct 2012
The Ten-Seconders: The American Dream - Nov 2012
The Batman/Judge Dredd Collection (DC Hardback edition, featuring Dredd vs Lobo) - Nov 2012
Judge Dredd: The Complete Brian Bolland (IDW, hardback) - Nov 2012
Judge Dredd: The Garth Ennis Collection - Dec 2012
All-Star Future Shocks - Jan 2012

Other Media:

Dredd: Collecting: Dredd Vs Death, Kingdom of the Blind & the Final Cut (Black Flame Novel Compilation) - July 2012
DREDD (3D movie, directed by Pete Travis) - 7th Sep 2012 (UK), 21st Sep 2012 (US)
2000AD Cover Art Featuring Judge Dredd - Hardback art book - Sep 2012
Judge Dredd (1995 Movie reissue) - Blu Ray - Sep 18th 2012

Colin YNWA

Shame to see 'Marauder' relegated to Meg supplement status (if relegated is the right world) I enjoyed that series.

Richard

Marauder doesn't seem very long ago though, I think that these supplements should showcase older stories that most readers won't have seen before -- they have generally done well at that.

radiator

I think the statute of limitations on reprints should be 5 years - Marauder only ran in the prog 3.5 years ago...

Pioneer

What's Marauder, is it a Dreddverse strip?

James Stacey

Quote from: Pioneer on 28 June, 2012, 02:55:54 PM
What's Marauder, is it a Dreddverse strip?
I seem to remember it being a dreddworld version of spiderman.

radiator

Yes, it was a spin-off from one of Robbie Morrison's Dredd scripts. A failed cadet turns vigilante, kind of a Mega-city superhero thing.

Was actually pretty good, with great art by Richard Elson.

a chosen rider

Quote from: radiator on 28 June, 2012, 01:15:14 PMPossible new Dark Judges series by John Wagner/Greg Staples - very much TBC

Sounds like this is now confirmed; from over in the "Day of Chaos finale" thread:

Quote from: James Stacey on 28 June, 2012, 03:29:11 PMI asked Mr Wagner that question over on that thar faceybook. I'm sure he won't mind it being c&p'd here.

--John, is there a reason why Anderson hasn't made an appearance yet in DoC? I've noticed you have used her less and less in recent years, do you see her more as Alan's baby now?
Quote from: John WagnerYou're right, it's because I regard her as Alan's character. She will, however, be making a major appearance in a forthcoming story with Greg Staples, "Dark Judgement". Greg's very busy and wants to take his time over it - it'll be beautiful - and I've over-run a bit on length as well, so it may be quite some time forthcoming, I think!
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Taryn Tailz

Also the letters page in this weeks Prog reveals Grey Area will return in Prog 1800.

O Lucky Stevie!

According to the latest Previews listing for Meg 328:

QuoteMore action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! A bumper movie special to coincide with the release of DREDD in cinemas this month, this issue features interviews and stills from the head-pounding SF thriller, as well as a bonus Dredd strip

the floppy will be

Quotethe complete "Judge Dredd: Ratfink" by John Wagner and Peter Doherty!

For those of you who are decrying reprinting something that only came down in the last shower this will coincide with

...degenerate villain Ratfink is loose in the start of new story Judge Dredd: "Ratfink's Revenge" by Alan Grant and Tiernen Trevallion....

You're not the sole squaxx wondering whether this is surely a misprint for wouldn't the mighty Wagner....? But if it's cut from the smae cloth as Meg 315's In the Absence of the Sacred there'll be no worries there.

Regardless of  the Trevallion droid draws Ratfink! Tharg should declare a bank holiday to commerate this inspired match.

Meanwhile, over at the Prog it does appear if Tharg'S Thr3llers are back for included in the line up for 1800

we meet the Survival Geeks, crossing the dimensions

plus

Quotethe ABC Warriors are back and Hammerstein reveals a shocking secret about his past in "Return to Earth"; a new fantasy series makes its debut in "Brass Sun: The Wheel of Worlds"; Dr. Orlando Doyle makes plans for the end of the world in the Red Seas miniseries "Beautiful Freak";
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Adventurer

I rather don't mind Ratfink getting a reprint. That was just about the time I was dropping the Meg, and was rather liking that story.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

radiator

Ratfink was ace, happy to see that.

Glad that the character is finally returning, but a bit wary about Grant writing it.