radiator

Oh, and 3rillers are back already.

The Adventurer

Quote from: radiator on 29 June, 2012, 09:16:07 AM
Well, they do tend to come in threes...

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

mygrimmbrother

Trevaillion drawing Ratfink - an inspired match indeed. We need more Tiernan in general - how good is the Absalom trade cover?

radiator

Quote from: The Adventurer on 29 June, 2012, 09:44:34 AM

Yes, and I'm saying that this run has already started.

Grant Goggans

So this run would be 1947, Gunheads, and Survival Geeks, wrapping in prog 1797, maybe?

radiator

Sounds like it. Perhaps Survival Geeks is the Tony Lee/Simon Harrison collaboration - 1947 is by Kek-W/Michael Dowling.

Cyber-Matt

Quote from: radiator on 28 June, 2012, 02:50:39 PM
I think the statute of limitations on reprints should be 5 years - Marauder only ran in the prog 3.5 years ago...

OK, by that reasoning we won't collect up Day of Chaos until 2017.

radiator

I'm talking specifically about the Meg reprints, not trade collections.

Cyber-Matt

Quote from: radiator on 29 June, 2012, 01:47:46 PM

What difference does that make? The rationale for a good collection is how it reads under one cover, not the amount of time that has elapsed since its initial appearance.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Cyber-Matt on 29 June, 2012, 05:48:53 PM
Quote from: radiator on 29 June, 2012, 01:47:46 PM

What difference does that make? The rationale for a good collection is how it reads under one cover, not the amount of time that has elapsed since its initial appearance.

This is a pretty valid point.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

hippynumber1

I'm with cyber-matt on this. The fink story in question was one that started not long after I returned to the meg but I've never gone back to re-read it. This will give me the perfect excuse to! (just laziness ultimately)!

Adamskilad

Yeah, but if you get the Megazine you get the supplement whether you've read the reprints or not; whereas you can pick and choose with trades, depending on what you already have in episodic form or just love so much you wanna see in a big fat collection. Therefore I'd rather see collections that are a bit older or tie in nicely to stories just starting in 2000ad or ther Megazine, thus cutting down on the irk factor if I already have the stories and especially if said stories are still fresh in my mind.

hippynumber1

Granted, I'd rather see older stories, or stuff post prog 1211 (which is where I stopped buying the weekly) but there are new readers coming on board all the time - so the fink collection ties in nicely with the new Alan Grant story for newbies! The ones that irk me are the Dredd collections - that's what the case files are for!

Taryn Tailz

Any idea at all as to when Defoe - The Damned will be in the Prog? It really has been far too long since the last book of Defoe.

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie's fighting with Cyber-Matt Block on this one!

Ratfink is a cracking self-contained  modern Dredd story that's just the ticket for new or lapsed readers who are picking up the Meg in the wake of the fillum.

Marauder also makes sense in light of the big push for the Meg in the States. What with Richard Elson taking the Mouse's Marvel's coin & all.

Stevie made a real arse out of arse out of parsing placement of punctuation in that  piece (of copy) didn't he?  Put that down to a sleepless month following a tear to the  left earlobe Thrill Synapses overloading  at the prospect of Tiernan's beady-eyed Ratfink with a double helping of Edgy on the side. [spoiler]That Red Seas title is a bit spoilerific [/spoiler][spoiler]if it's suggesting what Stevie is thinking[/spoiler].

So no separate thrill Survival Geeks, just a teaser for Weston's  Dredd.  :-[

Quote from: radiator on 29 June, 2012, 09:59:03 AM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 29 June, 2012, 09:44:34 AM

Yes, and I'm saying that this run has already started.

Not for Diamond customers they haven't ;)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"