Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nubby mcstubbins

Kind of a stupid question--  but I'm used to knowing when the next case files is scheduled for release once the latest is out.

Surprised to not see volume 20 scheduled anywhere.  Do we have confirmation that these volumes will still be released? 

Hoping maybe I've just missed spotting it some place.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: radiator on 28 July, 2012, 11:47:32 AM
The Simping Detective story is called Jokers to the Right and will have art by Simon Coleby.

Wow. Consider Stevie's socks well & truly knocked off.

Just.. wow.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

James Stacey

Quote from: Nubby mcstubbins on 31 July, 2012, 06:54:13 AM
Surprised to not see volume 20 scheduled anywhere.  Do we have confirmation that these volumes will still be released? 
I asked Mr RoboKeef and he says not before April, which I guess follows the current twice yearly release schedule.

radiator

Bit of a glut of undercover judge tales in the prog, what with Low Life and Simping Detective coming off the heels of Lenny Zero!

I'm still holding out hope that the new series of Simping Detective and Low Life are going to form some sort of mini-crossover, but I'm not holding my breath...

O Lucky Stevie!

Loading up the Prog with the finest MC 1 strips around the same time as the movie?

Who'd have though, eh?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

a chosen rider

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 28 July, 2012, 04:00:11 AM
Quote...something sinister is abroad in Justice Department in "Judge Dredd: The Cold Deck."

which could possibly be either the long time between drinks return of Dan Abnett to Old Stoney Face or the major Al Ewings storyline for which the seeds were sown in The Family Man back in Megs 312 & 313.

Or something else entirely.

Looks like it's the latter; a brief snippet from Al Ewing on Twitter:

Quote from: Douglas Wolk‏ @douglaswolk@kierongillen Zero's 7 starts in 1792 and is indeed wonderful. Although 1790 will get you @Al_Ewing's genius "The Bean Counter."

Quote from: Al Ewing ‏@Al_Ewing@douglaswolk @kierongillen Maitland's worth getting to know - she'll be back in "The Cold Deck", which is... a biggie.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Grishmal

Bookdepository.com is listing Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 03 for January.

douglaswolk

Just guessing here, but might the title of "The Cold Deck" also signal that it has something to do with "Served Cold"--Ewing and John Higgins' excellent serial from #1718-1725, which introduced Deller (the Parker type who showed up again in "The Rich Cabaret" a few weeks back)?

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order on Amazon UK:  (Note - e-book only).

Judge Dredd Year One: City Fathers
THE MAKING OF THE LAWMAN...

Mega-City One, 2080. It is Joe Dredd's first year as a full-eagle Judge – he may have been created from the genes of Eustace Fargo, the 'Father of Justice', and thus part of an illustrious lineage, but right now Dredd is not long graduated from the Academy, and yet to establish himself as the metropolis's toughest, greatest cop. His reputation will be moulded in the years ahead, but at the moment he's a young lawman, fresh on the streets.

The brutal murder of a Justice Department-sanctioned spy sparks an investigation that will see Dredd trawl the criminal underworld in the hunt for the killer – and he will discover that all is not what it seems in the sector's murky black market. Something new has entered the system, and unless Dredd can stop it, chaos will be unleashed...

This is an ebook exclusive novella from Matthew Smith, editor of 2000 AD and author of the novels, Judge Dredd: The Final Cut and Tomes of the Dead: Words of Their Roaring.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

CraveNoir

Judge Dredd Year One: City Fathers is buyable now! I'm reading it. :)

Mardroid

Sigh. And I've got a Kobo.

Never mind, I've got the Kindle app on my PC. (Actually I can convert it too but the last time I did that it seemed to break links within the book. Not a big deal as it's still highly readable, it just makes navigation a bit of a rigmarole.)

Ancient Otter

I had not seen Pat Mills twitter page in a while but on the 28th of  July he tweeted "A 'lost' Hammerstein story starts in 2000AD in a few weeks time." Anyone know anything on this?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 17 August, 2012, 05:21:12 PM
I had not seen Pat Mills twitter page in a while but on the 28th of  July he tweeted "A 'lost' Hammerstein story starts in 2000AD in a few weeks time." Anyone know anything on this?

It's the new ABC Warriors series, 'Return to Earth', in Prog 1800, as teased in this week's Nerve Centre.
@jamesfeistdraws

Ancient Otter

Thanks Dark Jimbo, I was not sure if it was that or a separate ABC Warriors story.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Grishmal on 05 August, 2012, 11:55:08 AM
Bookdepository.com is listing Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 03 for January.

Now showing on Amazon UK too: Click here.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.