Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I think someone worked this out already but whats the estimate for where this will take us to? By my very rough estimates I'm thinking it'll be up to (and including?) R*Evolution?

That'd mean if we get to 4 it'll the later day Meg stuff? Or am I off track there?

James Stacey

I'll be buying it but I fear it'll be a lot of lovely Arthur Ranson stuff I already have and then that god awful Steve Sampson tracing. Someone tell me I'm wrong.

radiator

Yep, this collection is - IIRC - going to cover Something Wicked, Satan, then move onto the 2000ad Steve Sampson sequence of Wonderwall/Crusade and then R*evolution, along with a few one-offs.

I know everyone pretty much hates Crusade - but it does kind of wrap up that whole era of Anderson and we got to see a few long-running supporting characters meet their end (imo it was the last Anderson story before the whole thing just started treading water - does Anderson even have a supporting cast any more, other than Shenker?).

I'll definitely be picking up this one, but can certainly live without a volume 04.

a chosen rider

From Rob Williams on Twitter:

Quote from: @Robwilliams71Apparently 'Innocent' the two-part Judge Dredd by myself and @getcampbell is out in @2000AD progs 1798-1799, next week.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Grishmal

Mean Team seams like kind of an odd choice.

Colin Zeal

Let's hope it includes Survivor. i certainly won't be buying it unless it does.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 23 August, 2012, 10:44:09 AM
Let's hope it includes Survivor. i certainly won't be buying it unless it does.

It does.

Robo-K33F

Rogue Trooper: Welcome to Nu Earth - 9 May 2013 (£6.99 so presumably a 'manga' edition??)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rogue-Trooper-Welcome-Nu-Earth/dp/1781081131/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345712390&sr=1-1c
[/quote]

Correct.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 August, 2012, 09:57:42 AM
Indigo Prime@ Anthropocalypse - 11 April 2013 (There you go, Grant!)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indigo-Prime-Anthropocalypse-John-Smith/dp/1781081115/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345712432&sr=1-1

Hold on, hold on that's 160 pages... by my calculations that means between now and April Indigo Prime will be back... am I right, am I right... if so VERY happy with that!

The Adventurer

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 August, 2012, 10:53:39 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 August, 2012, 09:57:42 AM
Indigo Prime@ Anthropocalypse - 11 April 2013 (There you go, Grant!)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indigo-Prime-Anthropocalypse-John-Smith/dp/1781081115/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345712432&sr=1-1

Hold on, hold on that's 160 pages... by my calculations that means between now and April Indigo Prime will be back... am I right, am I right... if so VERY happy with that!

Slow down buddy. Don't get your hopes up. Lets not forget it probably will reprint Dead Eyes too. Dead Eyes (76) + Everything and More (24) + Anthropocalypse (48) = 148. Pad the rest out with covers and sketches = 160.

EDIT: In fact you KNOW it will reprint Dead Eyes, because Lee Carter is credited on the Amazon page (I mean yeah, LOL Amazon listing accuracy. But yeah, this is a sure thing).

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dash Decent

Now showing up in Forbidden Planets e-mailout:

"Brian Bolland was regularly handling art chores for John Wagner's scripts on Judge Dredd. All told, he illustrated 19 stories. Judge Dredd: The Complete Brian Bolland collects these stories in oversized format, featuring meticulous modern coloring by Charlie Kirchoff."

I hope that's not the final cover - that picture is on the cover of two other recent titles, "Inferno" and "Case Files" 19.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 23 August, 2012, 10:46:52 AM
- - - -
Rogue Trooper: Welcome to Nu Earth - 9 May 2013 (£6.99 so presumably a 'manga' edition??)
- - - - -
Correct.

Damn, you certainly know how to make me buy stuff I've already got!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

radiator

2000 AD:

Judge Dredd: Innocent by Rob Williams/Laurence Campbell - 2 episodes, starts prog 1798
Judge Dredd: The Death of Dan-E Cannon by Chris Weston - (one-off) prog 1800
ABC Warriors: Return to Earth by Pat Mills/Clint Langley - starts prog 1800
Brass Sun: the Wheel of Worlds by Ian Edginton/INJ Culbard/D'Israeli - starts prog 1800
Gray Area (title TBC) by Dan Abnett/Lee Carter - starts prog 1800

Judge Dredd The Cold Deck by Al Ewing/Henry Flint(?) - starts TBC
The Simping Detective: Jokers to the Right by Si Spurrier/Simon Coleby - starts TBC
Tharg's 3rillers: Survival Geeks by Gordon Rennie/Emma Beeby/Neil Googe - starts TBC
Savage: Rise Like Lions (Book 8, 12 episodes) by Pat Mills/Patrick Goddard - starts TBC
Strontium Dog - The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha: Mutant Spring by John Wagner/Carlos Ezquerra - starts TBC
Tharg's 3rillers: Gunheads by T.C. Eglinton/Boo Cook - starts TBC
Stickleback (title TBC) by Ian Edginton/D'Israeli - starts TBC
Zombo (title TBC) by Al Ewing/Henry Flint - starts TBC
Damnation Station (Book 2, title TBC, final series) by Al Ewing/Artist TBC - starts TBC
Ampney Crucis Investigates... The Entropy Tango by Ian Edginton/Simon Davis(?) - starts TBC
Low Life: Saudade by Rob Williams/D'Israeli - starts TBC
The Red Seas: (title TBC, final series) by Ian Edginton/Steve Yeowell - starts TBC
Greysuit (title TBC) by Pat Mills/John Higgins - starts TBC
Defoe: The Damned by Pat Mills/Leigh Gallagher(?) - starts TBC
Dark Judgement by John Wagner/Greg Staples - starts TBC
Possible new 2000ad project by Alec Worely/David Roach - TBC

Judge Dredd Megazine:

Judge Dredd: Ratfink's Revenge by Alan Grant/Tiernan Trevallion - 2 episodes, starts Meg 328
Judge Dredd: Inversion by Arthur Wyatt/David Roach - (one-off) TBC
Insurrection III(TBC) by Dan Abnett/Colin Macniel - starts TBC
Devlin Waugh: Exquisite Corpses by John Smith/Peter Doherty - starts TBC
Devlin Waugh: Ship of Fools by John Smith/Peter Doherty - starts TBC
American Reaper: Title TBC by Pat Mills/Clint Langley - TBC

Megazine Graphic Novel Supplements:

Judge Dredd: Ratfink - Meg 328
Finn - Meg 329
Downlode Tales (yes!) - Meg 330

2000ad Graphic Novels - UK (provisional list - subject to change):

Judge Dredd: The Restricted Files 04 - Aug 2012
Shakara: The Destroyer - Aug 2012
Judge Dredd: The Dark Judges (B format) - Sep 2012
Nikolai Dante: Sympathy for the Devil - Oct 2012
The Batman/Judge Dredd Collection (featuring Dredd vs Lobo) - Nov 2012
Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu-Earth 03 - Nov 2012
Shako - Dec 2012
Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 03 - Jan 2013
Judge Dredd: Day of Chaos - The Fourth Faction - Feb 2013
Judge Dredd: The Judge Child Saga (B Format) - Feb 2013
Mean Team - Mar 2013
Indigo Prime: Anthropocalypse - April 2013
Rogue Trooper: Welcome to Nu Earth (B Format) - May 2013

Snow/Tiger - TBC
Zombo: You Smell Like Crime and I'm the Deodorant - TBC

2000ad Graphic Novels - US (provisional list - all subject to change):

Shakara: The Destroyer - Aug 2012
Strontium Dog: Mutant For Hire - Aug 2012
Judge Dredd: Cry of the Werewolf - Sep 2012
Tharg's Creepy Chronicles - Oct 2012
The Ten-Seconders: The American Dream - Nov 2012
The Batman/Judge Dredd Collection (DC Hardback edition, featuring Dredd vs Lobo) - Nov 2012
Judge Dredd: The Complete Brian Bolland (IDW, hardback) - Nov 2012
Judge Dredd: The Garth Ennis Collection - Dec 2012
All-Star Future Shocks - Jan 2012
Judge Dredd: Origins - Mar 2013
The Grievous Journey of Ichabod Azrael... - May 2013

Other Media:

Dredd: Collecting: Dredd Vs Death, Kingdom of the Blind & the Final Cut (Black Flame Novel Compilation) - July 2012
DREDD 3D - movie, directed by Pete Travis) - 7th Sep 2012 (UK), 21st Sep 2012 (US)
2000AD Cover Art Featuring Judge Dredd - Hardback art book - Sep 2012
Judge Dredd (1995 Movie reissue, USA release) - Blu Ray - Sep 18th 2012

Something - a book - called 'Dredd Vs Death' by Marc Gasgoine - is showing up on The Book Depository with a release date of 2014 - anyone shed any light on that?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Adventurer on 23 August, 2012, 11:01:31 AM

Slow down buddy. Don't get your hopes up. Lets not forget it probably will reprint Dead Eyes too. Dead Eyes (76) + Everything and More (24) + Anthropocalypse (48) = 148. Pad the rest out with covers and sketches = 160.

EDIT: In fact you KNOW it will reprint Dead Eyes, because Lee Carter is credited on the Amazon page (I mean yeah, LOL Amazon listing accuracy. But yeah, this is a sure thing).

Arh damnit I'd forgotten about Dead Eyes, yep of course... so in fact we might be able to assume the opposite... well hopefully not but...