Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneer

radiator

I think CF20 was mentioned with a date of next year, but can't remember where I heard it, and it's still not showing up on Amazon etc.

James Stacey

I mailed Robo-Keef a little while ago and he said not to expect it before April.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 August, 2012, 12:55:59 PM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 23 August, 2012, 11:01:31 AM

Slow down buddy. Don't get your hopes up. Lets not forget it probably will reprint Dead Eyes too. Dead Eyes (76) + Everything and More (24) + Anthropocalypse (48) = 148. Pad the rest out with covers and sketches = 160.

EDIT: In fact you KNOW it will reprint Dead Eyes, because Lee Carter is credited on the Amazon page (I mean yeah, LOL Amazon listing accuracy. But yeah, this is a sure thing).

Arh damnit I'd forgotten about Dead Eyes, yep of course... so in fact we might be able to assume the opposite... well hopefully not but...

Do you not like the inclusion of Dead Eyes then?

radiator

I think he was just gutted because it means that there isn't going to be a new series soon.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: radiator on 23 August, 2012, 02:22:21 PM
I think he was just gutted because it means that there isn't going to be a new series soon.
^^ Yup. I'm thrilled that Indigo Prime's latest stuff will be getting a reprint (and while it's unlikely, how great would it be to see a new Rebellion version of that DC trade?), but, man, I'd also love to hear Tharg reveal a new series is coming early next year. Or, really, next issue.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 23 August, 2012, 02:20:47 PM

What Radiator said. Dead Eyes needs to be in there, of course it does, just got over excited about the thought of new Indigo Prime is all.

It was a positive not a negative...

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 August, 2012, 02:36:10 PM
Quote from: Robo-K33F on 23 August, 2012, 02:20:47 PM

What Radiator said. Dead Eyes needs to be in there, of course it does, just got over excited about the thought of new Indigo Prime is all.

It was a positive not a negative...

Never took it as a negative Colin - I'm just generally interested as I was initially toying with the idea of re-packaging the old DC trade with Dead Eyes.

Dark Jimbo

There definately needs to be more Indigo Prime in the prog, preferably with Bagwell on art duties again. One of the best thrills of last year, all the more so because I wasn't really expecting to like it; John Smith has something like a 60/40 hit rate with me, I hadn't enjoyed Dead Eyes very much, and I've never read any previous Indigo Prime stuff so was clueless as to the provenance - but it was a hit all the way. Loved how very rich and dense it was; a proper exercise in worldbuilding. Don't think I've enjoyed a 'new' thrill so much since Defoe's debut (although Absalom has since pipped it).*

*While I'm at it - more Defoe and Absalom please.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 23 August, 2012, 03:29:13 PM

Never took it as a negative Colin - I'm just generally interested as I was initially toying with the idea of re-packaging the old DC trade with Dead Eyes.

Interesting, for me there is more of a direct link between Dead Eye and new Indigo Prime than Dead Eye and old Indigo Prime. For all sorts of reasons but mainly as its the story of Danny Redman.

Dark Jimbo

Oh, and while you're about RoboKeef - does the subtitle on the Day of Chaos book mean there are going to be at least two collections, as with Tour of Duty?
@jamesfeistdraws

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 August, 2012, 03:46:27 PM
Oh, and while you're about RoboKeef - does the subtitle on the Day of Chaos book mean there are going to be at least two collections, as with Tour of Duty?

Correct.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

The Adventurer

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 23 August, 2012, 03:29:13 PMI'm just generally interested as I was initially toying with the idea of re-packaging the old DC trade with Dead Eyes.

I definitely think Dead Eyes needs to be packaged with the new Indigo Prime material, if only because of the plot threads and characters that follow through both. And Dead Eyes represents the revival of the Indigo Prime series, and it is distinctly different then the original run. So putting it in a 'Incomplete Indigo Prime' reprint doesn't feel right.

Its a little tough though, because like The Dead Man, like Malone, like The Vort; the surprise reveal at the end is sort of why the series is so memorable and exciting. And putting it in an Indigo Prime collection sort of kills that surprise.

I mean, its necessary for a lot of practical reasons to call the book Indigo Prime. But part of me kinda wishes it was called Dead Eyes, with no subtitles (or indication in the back synopsis of it turning into Indigo Prime)

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

radiator

But the twist - as with The Dead Man etc - doesn't make any sense outside of the context of a weekly serial.

Who would buy the standalone book, and what would the twist mean to them?