Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

New IDW title on Amazon UK:

Judge Dredd Carlos Ezquerra Stories - Vol 1.

248 pages, 23rd January 2013.

Given the 'Bolland' title from IDW is an oversized hardback, sounds like another worthy purchase.  Great to see it's a "volume 1" as well; roll on the rest!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Cover now up for this one:

Still glad to see this is still being billed as the "COMPLETE" Carlos Ezquerra.  It will be interesting to see how many volumes it runs for.  Not sure Rico would go in for purple drapes though.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: awbrown on 16 September, 2012, 04:17:15 AM
Quote from: radiator on 11 September, 2012, 07:13:27 PM
Three? Seems a bit excessive, DoC was shorter than Tour of Duty wasn't it?

Hopefully we'll get the PJ Maybe story that immediately preceded DoC, and if we're lucky, the Wagner/Willsher 'Skinning Room'. Nothing to do with DoC, admittedly, but follows on from the last Tour of Duty volume.

I'm hoping for the same thing myself! The PJ stories are a must, of course - but Skinning Room would be really cool. As you say not strictly related to DoC but in terms of the TPB collections the jump between ToD and DoC is going to be really abrupt without it and similar. And given what happens to the administration at the end of DoC, it would be nice to briefly get to see Francisco being Chief Judge and Dredd being on the council before they both quit!

Also - was there a story I missed where Hershey came back? Maybe in the Megazine? The way she left the city was lovely, but the end of DoC has her return in a really offhand way that made me wonder if I missed something.
@jamesfeistdraws

PsychoGoatee

Agreed, since it's three books it does look like they'll probably include that stuff. Plus it'll be what, at least 10 years until the case files get that far? :D

radiator

QuoteI'm hoping for the same thing myself! The PJ stories are a must, of course - but Skinning Room would be really cool. As you say not strictly related to DoC but in terms of the TPB collections the jump between ToD and DoC is going to be really abrupt without it and similar. And given what happens to the administration at the end of DoC, it would be nice to briefly get to see Francisco being Chief Judge and Dredd being on the council before they both quit!

Also - was there a story I missed where Hershey came back? Maybe in the Megazine? The way she left the city was lovely, but the end of DoC has her return in a really offhand way that made me wonder if I missed something.

Yeah, I would assume The Skinning Room will be in there.

Fifty Year Man and The Edgar Case had very little to do with the overall Tour of Duty/Mutants in Mega-City One storyline, but I was very pleased they were included in the ToD trades for similar reasons.

Jimbo - the story you mention is Hot Night In 95 - which ran in the Megazine. Hershey returns to MC1, goes out on patrol with Dredd, and we meet anarchist group 'Rage Against the Megs' for the first time. I expect this will be in the DoC book 1 also.

My question is will the third book be a collection of all the post-DoC stories like Debris, Innocent etc...

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 September, 2012, 03:14:34 PMStill glad to see this is still being billed as the "COMPLETE" Carlos Ezquerra.  It will be interesting to see how many volumes it runs for.  Not sure Rico would go in for purple drapes though.

Okay so I haven't gone through my whole collection to check, but aren't there some longer stories in which Ezquerra alternates with other artists? If so a "complete" Judge Dredd/Ezquerra would either have to include some other artists or have stories with missing bits... Admittedly I could be wrong as I'm not the kind of fan with a photographic memory about which artists worked on which stories. I tend to get too wrapped up in the stories to notice.

Mark Taylor

Accidental duplicate post, ignore.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 26 September, 2012, 07:36:13 AM
Okay so I haven't gone through my whole collection to check, but aren't there some longer stories in which Ezquerra alternates with other artists?

A few alright - The Pit, Judgement Day, Wilderlands and Helterskelter are all I can think of off the top of my head. 

radiator

It's the same with the Bolland collection - are they going to reprint the entirety of Block Mania and The Judge Child Quest, or just his episodes out of context?

Dash Decent

They've got Messrs Bolland and Ezquerra chained up in the Nerve Centre working on replacement instalments for the ones done by other artists the first time round.  The Bolland stuff will be ready by 2023.  Carlos is almost finished. ;)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

hippynumber1

Bolland's upped his page-rate then! :lol:

newschmoo

Believe it or not, we're getting Disaster 1990 bagged with Megazine 331 ! I'm looking forward to this  :lol:

The Monarch

ohh boy...

prog 2013 apparently has Strontium dog, red seas ampney crucis as new ongoing stories with one offs from aquilla, absalom and judge dredd

and I am assuming that visible man thing pat mills mentioned as well?

hippynumber1

Quote from: newschmoo on 26 September, 2012, 05:22:39 PM
Believe it or not, we're getting Disaster 1990 bagged with Megazine 331 ! I'm looking forward to this  :lol:

Excellent! Are they going to run it over several consecutive issues, do you know?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The monarch on 26 September, 2012, 05:39:06 PM
ohh boy...

prog 2013 apparently has Strontium dog, red seas ampney crucis as new ongoing stories with one offs from aquilla, absalom and judge dredd

and I am assuming that visible man thing pat mills mentioned as well?

Where has that info come from? That's a great sounding line-up!