Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

http://www.archonia.com/comicshop/en/article/139442/2000+ad+prog+2013/

right here

The globally-renowned anthology celebrates the festive season once more with a bumper 100-page spectacular, stuffed with stories from some of the best writers and artists in the business! With the news out that the norms are trying to sterilize mutantkind, the mutants are up in arms and Johnny Alpha's leading the charge; occult investigator Ampney Crucis is trapped in an alternate Britain and on the trail of stolen bullion; it's the final conflict between Jack Dancer and Old Nick, with Creation itself on the brink; plus there are complete stories featuring soul-reaper Aquila and demon-hunting copper Absalom, plus a Christmassy tale from the mean streets of Mega-City One.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 25 September, 2012, 03:33:34 PM
Quote from: awbrown on 16 September, 2012, 04:17:15 AM
Quote from: radiator on 11 September, 2012, 07:13:27 PM
Three? Seems a bit excessive, DoC was shorter than Tour of Duty wasn't it?

Hopefully we'll get the PJ Maybe story that immediately preceded DoC, and if we're lucky, the Wagner/Willsher 'Skinning Room'. Nothing to do with DoC, admittedly, but follows on from the last Tour of Duty volume.

thing myself! The PJ stories are a must, of course - but Skinning Room would be really cooI'm hoping for the same l. As you say not strictly related to DoC but in terms of the TPB collections the jump between ToD and DoC is going to be really abrupt without it and similar. And given what happens to the administration at the end of DoC, it would be nice to briefly get to see Francisco being Chief Judge and Dredd being on the council before they both quit!

Also - was there a story I missed where Hershey came back? Maybe in the Megazine? The way she left the city was lovely, but the end of DoC has her return in a really offhand way that made me wonder if I missed something.

There will be two books, not three.

newschmoo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 26 September, 2012, 06:18:41 PM
Quote from: newschmoo on 26 September, 2012, 05:22:39 PM
Believe it or not, we're getting Disaster 1990 bagged with Megazine 331 ! I'm looking forward to this  :lol:

Excellent! Are they going to run it over several consecutive issues, do you know?

Think its' complete in one floppy. We're getting Downlode Tales with 330.

hippynumber1

It can't be complete in one, wasn't it about 20 episodes? Maybe selected episodes or two floppies not consecutive?

I, Cosh

Quote from: newschmoo on 26 September, 2012, 08:32:55 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 26 September, 2012, 06:18:41 PM
Quote from: newschmoo on 26 September, 2012, 05:22:39 PM
Believe it or not, we're getting Disaster 1990 bagged with Megazine 331 ! I'm looking forward to this  :lol:
Excellent! Are they going to run it over several consecutive issues, do you know?
Think its' complete in one floppy. We're getting Downlode Tales with 330.
Nice one. I am going to award myself the credit for making this happen as I specifically mentioned it in my letter praising the reprint of Death Planet. However, both Downlode Tales (130 pages) and Disaster 1990 (104 pages) will need two floppies to reprint in full.

In rather worse news, I see American Reaper is back in the same issue.
We never really die.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Cosh on 27 September, 2012, 12:28:09 AM
In rather worse news, I see American Reaper is back in the same issue.

BAH
I think I'll give the meg a miss for a while
You may quote me on that.

SmallBlueThing

Excellent- American Reaper is one of my favourite things from the HoT in thlast couple of years. Looking forward to its return.

SBT

The Prodigal

As a guy on board from Christmas may i ask if American reaper really is that bad?

James Stacey

hippynumber1

A very slender story spread over MANY pages! It will, I imagine, read much better as a collected edition...

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 27 September, 2012, 11:11:38 AM
A very slender story spread over MANY pages! It will, I imagine, read much better as a collected edition...

You'd have to imagine harder than John Lennon

NapalmKev

Quote from: The Prodigal on 27 September, 2012, 10:39:09 AM
As a guy on board from Christmas may i ask if American reaper really is that bad?

I really enjoyed American Reaper. It's a little bit flashy but it's got a good premise.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mark Taylor

I'm one of those who enjoyed American Reaper and look forward to it returning. Admittedly it's not the kind of thing I'd normally expect from Pat Mills... it's more the comic strip equivalent of a popcorn movie. But like a popcorn movie, it's entertaining (IMO).

Leigh S

Mesa enjoy American Reaper too.. well until a certain band showed up, but even so - not universally hated

Colin Zeal

I enjoyed American Reaper. On reading the ABC Warriors in the prog this week I was struck by the resemblance between the lead character in AR and the US rep to the UN.