Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

I'm sure that I read that there were only going to be three Ichabod Azrael stories.  Wouldn't it be better to wait for the third and final one, and collect them all in one title instead of one book with two of them...?

The Adventurer

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 04 October, 2012, 10:11:49 AM
I'm sure that I read that there were only going to be three Ichabod Azrael stories.  Wouldn't it be better to wait for the third and final one, and collect them all in one title instead of one book with two of them...?

This seems like the same odd decision that gave us an Insurrection trade before the final story (I think Abnett said it would be three parts)

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

...And that left the last Caballistics stories uncollected. I love the Rebelion TPBs, but I sometimes wish the chaps would talk to the series writers on occassion and find out beforehand how much of a given series is planned in total.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

QuoteIsn't this going to be the Al Ewing thing we saw the chess based teaser picture by Henry Flint for? It ties into 1803's strip, I think that's what that will be?

Yes - I believe the 28 page Dredd story is connected to 'The Cold Deck' - Al Ewing's 'big' Dredd story that we got the prologue for in this weeks prog. I don't know much about the story, except that it seems to draw together all of Al's hanging story threads (and the Kazan clone thing that was started by Gordon Rennie).

I can't wait - I've been wanting Al to do a longer Dredd strip for ages!

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: The Adventurer on 04 October, 2012, 10:16:25 AM

This seems like the same odd decision that gave us an Insurrection trade before the final story (I think Abnett said it would be three parts)

It's also the same thing that happened with Atavar.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: The Adventurer on 02 October, 2012, 08:55:57 PM
2000 AD Books doesn't usually list S&S edition collections, correct? So... the upcoming Ten-Seconder and Ichabod Azrael trades it has listed are Rebellion editions?

Crap. I didn't bother ordering Ten-Seconders because I thought it was an S&S trade in the latest previews!

They could be exactly the same as the S&S trades - the Rebellion editions of Harry 20 & Hewligans Haircut are the S&S editions with a different barcode stuck over the S&S bar-code.

What is Rebellion's relationship with S&S like these days anyway now that they also publish Judge Dredd with IDW?

Also, the 2000AD forthcoming books page has been updated, they now state if a cover image a temporary one on the blurbs.

Richard

Quotewe're getting Disaster 1990 bagged with Megazine 331
I sincerely hope not. It was dreadful.

Richard

By the way, is there any news on when we can expect John Wagner's next Dredd story?
There have been some pretty good non-Wagner Dredds since Day of Chaos (especially this week), but I want some more Wagner now.

PreacherCain

Quote from: Richard on 04 October, 2012, 10:09:48 PM
By the way, is there any news on when we can expect John Wagner's next Dredd story?
There have been some pretty good non-Wagner Dredds since Day of Chaos (especially this week), but I want some more Wagner now.

He's taken an hiatus for a while apparently. Might be at least a year till we get another Wagner Dredd; if not longer!

The Prodigal

Quote from: PreacherCain on 05 October, 2012, 09:53:35 AM

He's taken an hiatus for a while apparently. Might be at least a year till we get another Wagner Dredd; if not longer!

What??!!!

The Adventurer

Quote from: The Prodigal on 05 October, 2012, 10:28:24 AM
Quote from: PreacherCain on 05 October, 2012, 09:53:35 AM

What??!!!

Guy's been working like a machine since... what? Origins? Earlier? Guy deserves a break.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

James Stacey

There will still be Strontium Dog and the Judge Death project when its done.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: The Adventurer on 04 October, 2012, 10:16:25 AM

If true, a bit annoying (both stories). Unless parts 3 of Insurrection and Ichabod Azrael are much larger than parts one and two, they won't be enough to fill a proper trade. At least, Rebellion have not released ANY trades even close to being that thin to date.

Dash Decent

Creepy Chronicles cover now showing on Amazon UK.  Not sure I like elvish Tharg, and dammit, is that a cape he's wearing?  It's those purple drapes from the IDW Carlos Collection cover!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Art