Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

I wonder if there'll be any sort of special Charley's War release in 2014, seeing as it will be the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Michael Evans on 15 October, 2012, 01:02:57 PM
Hopefully Cinnabar might get reprinted alongside the Rennie/Edgington stories.
I just totted up what's left. Cinnabar has 52 pages. The Rennie stuff takes you to 223. Diceman adds another 32, if that's not been collected yet in the phone books. That'd be a bit slim, but you could always bung in War Machine (70) as an extra and pretend everything "Fr1day" after that point just didn't happen. You'd then have a mid-350s book (accounting for "blank" pages and extras).

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 October, 2012, 09:52:11 AM
Also, the third Rogue phone book turned up today ... The Final Hit (in black and white, not colour)
Maybe I'm misremembering but wasn't it black and white to start with?
We never really die.

The Prodigal

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 15 October, 2012, 11:03:44 PM
I wonder if there'll be any sort of special Charley's War release in 2014, seeing as it will be the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War.

I left the world of Brit comics in the 70's and departed for a world of exclusive spandex. When I grew weary of all things superhero a couple of years ago and began to re-discover Brit-Cit, Charley's War was one of the gems that re-ignited my passion. A special 2014 edition would be great.

hippynumber1

Next year's Vol. 10 will be the final collection, so that's fitting in and of itself.

SmallBlueThing

I checked the availability of cw9 the other day, and amazon said november 29th. I thought it was late october, and was going to preorder. If it had been nov 9th, i'd have still put my order in.

Im hoping that for the centenary, they begin releasing the series in chunky paperback volumes, so more people can re/discover britain's greatest ever comic strip.

SBT

Colin YNWA

I'm really looking forward to having a lovely shiny hardback complete collection of Charley's War, as has been said only two to go and one of those very soon. What would be lovely for the anniversary is if they were able to produce 'deluxe' editions of the hardcovers with some of the early poor reproduction sorted and colour pages in colour. Not at all sure if that's possible and doubt very much if its financially viable but a man can dream can't he.

hippynumber1

From Pat Mills' blog:

The French edition of Charley's War Volume 3 will be on sale in French stores on October 15th.  It's astonishing and very gratifying that such a series should sell so well in France.

But this latest edition has something extra, never seen in the British editions. Selected pages in colour!  They were in a half-tone on the Titan version, but now they can be seen for the first time as they originally appeared in the pages of Battle.

Damn those Frenchies!

SmallBlueThing

Argle! Cheese eating colour-monkeys!

SBT

Colin YNWA

Yeah damnit those French editions sound great...

... but our covers are better so nerrhhh neerrrhhhh 'Monsure' Jean Claude...

vark

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 October, 2012, 09:15:49 AM

Yeah damnit those French editions sound great...

... but our covers are better so nerrhhh neerrrhhhh 'Monsure' Jean Claude...

I own both edition, and appart the colored material they have also sometimes found better source material for their B&W reprint.

I'm French, but I have to agree about the covers  :-\

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 October, 2012, 12:54:57 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 October, 2012, 09:52:11 AM
Also, the third Rogue phone book turned up today ... The Final Hit (in black and white, not colour)
Maybe I'm misremembering but wasn't it black and white to start with?
Ah, probably. I'm perhaps thinking of a version I had which was in those wee US-sized reprints.

Dash Decent

Amazon UK have the following up for pre-order:

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files vol 20 - 13 Aug 2013
The publisher is listed as Ravenstone?

Button Man - 17 Sep 2013
Seems to be the phone book version - 304 pages of letters sent to Tharg.

A.B.C. Warriors: Volgan War v. 3  - 96 pages, 20 Jun 2013

Judge Dredd: League of Fatties - 128 pages, 16 Jul 2013
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 November, 2012, 10:27:36 AM

Button Man - 17 Sep 2013

Oh please god let this be real. I've only ever got my hands on a copy of the first Button Man trade. If I could get the whole series in one book... I'd loose my mind.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Robo-K33F

Quote from: The Adventurer on 09 November, 2012, 10:38:15 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 November, 2012, 10:27:36 AM

Button Man - 17 Sep 2013

Oh please god let this be real. I've only ever got my hands on a copy of the first Button Man trade. If I could get the whole series in one book... I'd loose my mind.

It is real.