Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

So Stevie's incentive to pick up yet another edition of the Most-Reprinted Dredd Stories EVAH! is that it will match the forthcoming Complete Carlos Ezquerra hardcovers?

Scarily enough, that's still kinda tempting
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

MercZ

Quote from: Andy Smart on 19 December, 2012, 10:45:45 PM
Unlikely. Those chapters haven't been republished due to legal reasons. It does say it's "The Complete Brian Bolland" but I think any such collection is going to be necessarily incomplete.

(*Seriously, there's one we can't publish. Ever.) They are online somewhere. I'll see if I can dredge up a link.

I have a link to them somewhere, but are we allowed to post that at all?

Bolt-01

Seeing as this is Rebellions official website I would think not.

hippynumber1

But, presumably, there's no reason why we couldn't PM each other the link...  ;)

Spikes

Id love to see those banned episodes reprinted, its frustrating as hell that they havent/never will be. 
Select panels have appeared though in various books over the years - Mega History, Titan reprints etc, and recently the covers were shown in the Art of Judge Dredd book, albeit censored.

(And looking at one of the pages of original art i own, it would appear that a bit of self-censoreship was in effect prior to release. Several of the company logo's have been partly obscured).

Has Rebellion ever release an offical line in regards to these strips?

Max Headroom

Couldn't Rebellion at least try and talk to the respective wounded parties after all this time about the possibility of getting the banned stories back in print, as it might not be quite such an issue now. Perhaps some kind of financial incentive might persuade them that they really are satire and not that harmful. I think it would be worth a go, as all real Judge Dredd fans would like to see them back.

The Adventurer

I still say the smartest thing to do would be just pay Boland to alter the art slightly and change all the names.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Link Prime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 27 December, 2012, 02:00:51 AM
I still say the smartest thing to do would be just pay Boland to alter the art slightly and change all the names.

Simple, yet genius.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 27 December, 2012, 09:12:43 AM
Simple, yet genius horrifically and impractically expensive.

FTFY. :-)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

This is utterly silly and childish, but I've always kinda liked the fact (even when I didn't own them) that there were these 'secret' super episodes that you could get hold of if you were a 'real' fan BUT didn't affect the enjoyment of the story if you'd got the story in trade or whatever. Kinda a reward for having the progs themselves.

I know, I know...

Spikes

I wonder how many of those progs are still out there - either as copies that are up for grabs, or ones that are hidden away in collections?
A good few would have been lost, i guess, over the years.

Colin YNWA

I tracked them about 3 or 4 years ago now (I think) and they cropped up fairly regularly back then on eBay, normally one or more copies available at in any one week (does take some of the thrill out of collecting!) I was patient and lost out on countless auctions, but by being so didn't pay more that £15 (I think) + postage for any of them.

Colin YNWA

Well since its been discussed here and I've not bought it so its not a review, so I'll put this here. I was waiting to flick through the Complete Bolland before ordering it and I'm really glad I did. Had a quick look at a copy in my local Forbidden Planet and its worth noting it was only a quick look BUT I wasn't too impressed.

I was hoping this would be like the IDW Dave Gibbons Doctor Who collection which looked lovely but its not. No colour that I could see, even the pages that were originally in colour are black and white. The line work wasn't crisp at all and looked like the reproduction in the Case Files (not saying it is, just looks like) and over all it wasn't what I expected. Shame but it looks like I'll be passing this one.

radiator

Hmm. Oh dear. I was waiting to hear the word before ordering myself.

As I understand it this was always planned as black and white with a colourised version due at a later date, but poor repro is certainly enough to put me off.

Steve Green

Hmm.

I have the titan hardbacks with Judge Death, and the Cursed Earth, which has really nice repro.

I'll take a perusal but for the price and no Eagle covers it's hard for me to justify getting it.