Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

The amount of reprints ive bought over the years, and for the same stories!, these would have to be summat special indeed to justify buying them. Still, im curious to have a looksee.
Anyone remember that first Rogue Trooper story that got coloured (by Mr Gibbons himself?) in a special years ago? Always thought that was pretty snazzy, and wouldnt mind seeing summat along those lines.

opaque

Well I've ordered the signed copy from FP as it's the closest I'm ever going to get to a piece of his artwork :P
Will really suck if the quality is as bad as it sounds though.

Colin YNWA

Well hopefully when others see it it won't be as 'bad' as I saw it. Its possible I saw a duff copy. Please don't take my thoughts, at a quick peak as definitive, by any stretch. Just wanted people to have the option to look at it first in case I'm right. I'll be looking again but won't commit until I've done that.

Dash Decent

Good to hear from someone who's actually seen it, Colin.

A shame - sounds like a missed opportunity.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Ancient Otter

The Ten Seconders collection is out, anyone get it yet?

Judge Nutmeg

Quote from: Andy Smart on 19 December, 2012, 10:45:45 PM
Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 19 December, 2012, 09:33:11 PM
Apologies if this has already been asked but does the forthcoming complete Brian Bolland Dredd collection contain the cursed earth chapters he drew that havent been republished since? :-*

Unlikely. Those chapters haven't been republished due to legal reasons. It does say it's "The Complete Brian Bolland" but I think any such collection is going to be necessarily incomplete.

Edit: Looks like I'm correct. From the preview at CBR: This luscious, oversized hardcover volume collects as many Brian Bolland-illustrated Judge Dredd stories as THE LAW* will allow! (*Seriously, there's one we can't publish. Ever.) They are online somewhere. I'll see if I can dredge up a link.

cheers for reply, shame the cursed earth missing chapters wont see the light of day

The Adventurer

QuoteThe Ten Seconders collection is out, anyone get it yet?

And if anyone's seen it, can they confirm its a Rebellion edition or a S&S edition with a UK price sticker (that happened for another collection, right?)

I want to get it, but I don't want to get it if its got that shitty cover paper stock S&S uses.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

glassstanley

Ten Seconders is an S&S collection. There's no price sticker - printed prices are for US, UK & Canada.

The Adventurer

QuoteTen Seconders is an S&S collection. There's no price sticker - printed prices are for US, UK & Canada.

Curses.

The Adventurer

So... I just found out Ten-Seconders is returning for a 3rd outing (appearing as a 'Thrill Of the Future' in the newest issue of tooth). So getting refreshed on what the heck actually happened in Book 2 might be a good idea (and Book 1 even... it has been a while since I read it). So... curling cover stock or not, I might have to pick up the new trade.

*glaces left*

*glaces right*

What's the spine look like?

Mark Taylor

Quote from: The Adventurer on 30 December, 2012, 11:43:55 PMI want to get it, but I don't want to get it if its got that shitty cover paper stock S&S uses.

I have it. I know what you mean bout the cover paper stock. Actually it looks gorgeous... right up until you touch it. Figermarks ruin it instantly and seem to be impossible to remove without making it worse. :( You literally need to handle these books wearing some kind of gloves if you want to keep them in any kind of decent condition.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: The Adventurer on 31 December, 2012, 10:07:30 PMWhat's the spine look like?

The spine looks a bit different from most of the UK books. Can't really think how to describe it. If I have time I'll post a picture of it when I get home.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 02 January, 2013, 12:51:42 PM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 30 December, 2012, 11:43:55 PMI want to get it, but I don't want to get it if its got that shitty cover paper stock S&S uses.

I have it. I know what you mean bout the cover paper stock. Actually it looks gorgeous... right up until you touch it. Figermarks ruin it instantly and seem to be impossible to remove without making it worse. :( You literally need to handle these books wearing some kind of gloves if you want to get them in any kind of decent condition.

Latex gloves to read a graphic novel to keep it good condition? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

The Adventurer

My problem is less about fingerprint, and more about curling in moderate humidity. My copies of Zombo and Anderson Crime Files are warped from sitting on my shelf. I think it might be because S&S doesn't coat the inside cover stock like Rebellion does. Or its just lighter paper stock to what Rebellion uses in general. All I know I've seen many an S&S edition on a store shelf in really piss poor condition just from sitting out.

Judge Nutmeg

Anyone get the Bolland Dredd collection? it was sadly a bit too pricey for my pockets