Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

IDW collect Cam Kennedy:

Judge Dredd: The Cam Kennedy Collection Volume 1 [Hardcover]

According to the blurb on Amazon UK, "Reprinted in classis black-and-white, this collection features stories such as "The Suspect," "The Falucci Tape," "Something Abnormal About Norman," and more."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Leigh S

Classics all, but erm... Midnight Surfer?

Spikes

Colin YNWA

Out of interest did we already know that Mean Team was getting a collection? I'm guessing we must do and I've just missed it but its included in the latest newsletter including a cover image.

Wow what an interesting choice. I assume that Meltdown Man did well enough that the same names on the cover is hoped to draw an audience? That'd make sense, but for me one of the weakest strip from the Prog ever and there's better stuff by far out there still awaiting. Mine not to reason why and all that...

Trout

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 January, 2013, 01:31:33 PM
Out of interest did we already know that Mean Team was getting a collection? I'm guessing we must do and I've just missed it but its included in the latest newsletter including a cover image.

Wow what an interesting choice. I assume that Meltdown Man did well enough that the same names on the cover is hoped to draw an audience? That'd make sense, but for me one of the weakest strip from the Prog ever and there's better stuff by far out there still awaiting. Mine not to reason why and all that...

Woah there!  :) As soon as I saw this news in Tharg's Space Spam I had a similar thought, but then I realised I'd like to buy it.

Mean Team was really two separate strips. The earliest parts, where they[spoiler] escape from the arena, [/spoiler]are bloody good. I remember being genuinely excited by it when I was a kid. The later stuff, [spoiler]when they get to Earth and it all gets a bit looser, [/spoiler]wasn't so good, IMO. The sudden death of [spoiler]the robot [/spoiler]was particularly poor, I felt, although the plot meant it was needed. Of course, Belardinelli art is a massive bonus.

I've no idea how this book will sell but I say full marks to the House of Tharg for having a go.

- Trout

Greg M.

Tharg has clearly renewed his love affair with the work of Belardinelli in the last few years, as evidenced by the fantastic collections of his stories Rebellion have put out. More power to the Mighty One's verdant elbow on this, say I! I will be getting this principally to have all of the much-maligned 'Survivor' in one place: I am aware it is not highly regarded, but I remember enjoying it.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 January, 2013, 01:31:33 PMOut of interest did we already know that Mean Team was getting a collection?
It's been on the books site for a few months, albeit with an older cover. Good to see some Belardinelli love, even if I'm not a massive fan of that particular strip.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 January, 2013, 01:31:33 PM
Out of interest did we already know that Mean Team was getting a collection?

Yep, post 289 back in August.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

IDW Cam Kennedy volume 1 cover, according to Amazon UK:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

Now that's an interesting choice of cover, a good one as I love that cover BUT there was debate here, a couple of times as I recall, as to who did that cover. The hand and Dredd's body (as seen on the original cover) I settled on thinking were by Robin Smith the art director at the time.

http://www.2000ad.org/functions/cover.php?choice=342&Comic=2000ad

The Monarch

and will this collection of mean team include the "epilogue" featuring [spoiler]The last survivor of the team after that rather sudden and shock ending to the second series?[/spoiler]

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 26 January, 2013, 07:52:07 AM
Now that's an interesting choice of cover, a good one as I love that cover BUT there was debate here, a couple of times as I recall, as to who did that cover. The hand and Dredd's body (as seen on the original cover) I settled on thinking were by Robin Smith the art director at the time.

http://www.2000ad.org/functions/cover.php?choice=342&Comic=2000ad

Is it not an obvious one considering Cam drew the actual strip inside that the cover's referring to, and it's in the same style?

hippynumber1

Quote from: The monarch on 26 January, 2013, 05:06:30 PM
and will this collection of mean team include the "epilogue" featuring [spoiler]The last survivor of the team after that rather sudden and shock ending to the second series?[/spoiler]

I read (somewhere) that it does!

hippynumber1

And if you look closely at the cover, the last name is Ron Smith!  ;)

Ancient Otter

The Tales from Beyond Science collection is marked down as being in comic shops on February 13th.