Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Richard on 09 February, 2013, 05:53:20 PM
QuoteThe Streets of Dan Francisco by Arthur Wyatt/Paul Marshall - Meg 335

Er, that's the same title as the story in Prog 1520 when Francisco first appeared.

& it's damn fine one at that. All  the more reason to carry it over for the spin off.

There simply isn't enough Paul Marshall in either the meg or the prog.

Quote from: Molch-R on 06 February, 2013, 12:23:22 PM
Indigo Prime is a UK book. As I said, we'll be sending out press releases detailing all our UK and North American GNs soon, so that should clear things up.

Excellent. Whilst we've got you there Molch-R will Diamond continue distributing the S& S editions for us outside of the US?

The reason for asking is that All Star Future Shocks has never been solicited by Diamond Which seemed a touch odd considering as one would imagine that Gaiman's name alone would be a licence to print money in the Direct Market.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Not much to go on BUT over at his blog Dave Taylor has given us the wonderful news that he's back on Dredd at some point (there's a panel as well).

http://d-taylor-comics-music-ford-mustangs.blogspot.co.uk/

He also eludes to working with Ian Edginton on something else or even somethings! Wohoo!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 February, 2013, 01:09:35 PM
Not much to go on BUT over at his blog Dave Taylor has given us the wonderful news that he's back on Dredd at some point (there's a panel as well).

He also eludes to working with Ian Edginton on something else or even somethings! Wohoo!
Taylor illustrated that exorcist Judge story Edginton wrote a few years back didn't he? Possibly follow up to that?
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 February, 2013, 01:09:35 PM

Some good news for a miserable Monday afternoon!

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 February, 2013, 01:31:56 PM
Taylor illustrated that exorcist Judge story Edginton wrote a few years back didn't he? Possibly follow up to that?

Here's hoping it deals explicitly with the ghostly repercussions of 350 million violent deaths in 'Day of Chaos', in a The Inspectre stylee.  And here's expecting that it does not (although[spoiler] that panel with Beeny (?) suggests it may well[/spoiler].  Oh I'm so confused).

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 February, 2013, 03:52:42 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 11 February, 2013, 01:31:56 PM

Here's hoping it deals explicitly with the ghostly repercussions of 350 million violent deaths in 'Day of Chaos', in a The Inspectre stylee.  And here's expecting that it does not (although[spoiler] that panel with Beeny (?) suggests it may well[/spoiler].  Oh I'm so confused).
If it has Beeny in it I can only assume it's a Wagner piece. Has anyone ever written the character besides the big J?

radiator

Pretty sure she's appeared in at least one Al Ewing story.

radiator

And is that even Beeny anyway?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: radiator on 11 February, 2013, 07:51:38 PM
And is that even Beeny anyway?

Hard to say these days. I can't really reconcile the character we saw in Day of Chaos with the character as she was in her first few years of stories. People don't generally spontaneously change race (although Karyn set a precedent).

@jamesfeistdraws

The Adventurer

I've seriously been head scratching over Beeny's gradually darkening skin. Maybe she got a bad rad tan while working the mutie townships in the Cursed Earth?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Mardroid

Her new look does fit the race of her parents.

That being said South American people are a diverse bunch, so the lighter skinned appearance of her previous depictions was not out of place.

Frank

Quote from: Mardroid on 11 February, 2013, 08:33:14 PM
Her new look does fit the race of her parents. That being said South American people are a diverse bunch, so the lighter skinned appearance of her previous depictions was not out of place.

Her Pa was ginger and her Madre's family hailed from Puerto Rico, which is more part of the Cuba/Jamaica/Haiti axis than South America proper.

a chosen rider

I always assumed they changed Beeny's skin tone because some of the subtlety of the colouring was lost in the switch from Colin MacNeil's painted art to Chris Blythe's colours, so it was probably deemed better to swing further in the direction of darker colouring than have her end up looking like just another white girl the way she did in Tour of Duty.  (Also, the similar hairstyles made it a bit hard to distinguish her from Hershey at times, so making her more visually distinct once she became a recurring character wasn't a bad idea.)
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Dog Deever

hmmm... I have a page of Colin's on my wall with Beeny in a panel, so I can't get my head round Beeny redesigns either! Her image is fixed for me. Damn you MacNeil!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

Via the ever wonderful ECBT 2000ad Molch-R's promised list of 2000ad releases for 2013.

http://2000ad.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/announcing-2000-ads-graphic-novel-schedule-for-2013/

Some nice surprises there. Especially, I'm guessing, the fact that there are two Case Files this year after the uproar that the previously slow release of #20. All is right with the world again... actually I'm going to have to keep an eye on these as soon they'll get to the point I stopped getting the Meg...

I'll update the list now this is in, unless Radiator wants to take over the helm back?