Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: James Stacey on 19 March, 2013, 01:30:40 PM
If that cover doesn't shift copies there is no hope for humankind.

I'm still amazed it didn't do better in the 'Best Cover of 2012' poll.

Colin YNWA

While I understand why that image has been chosen as the Dark Judges are a big draw, its does rather misrepresent the contents... well yes I know they appear 'n' all but hopefully you know what I mean...

Still bloody lovely image.

Hawkmumbler

Pros: It's a shit hot image that has serious staying power. One of those covers that those who praised it first time round will remember fondly and one that the nay sayers will look back at in 10 years and say @I was feckin' maud for not loving this'.

Cons: Yeah, what Colin said. Kinda miss reprisents what is in the GN.

douglaswolk

Here's the description of "Mutants in Mega-City One" from http://books.simonandschuster.com/Judge-Dredd-Mutants-in-Mega-City-One/Warren-Ellis/9781781081679 :

"MUTIES OUT! The great Atomic Wars of 2070 created a population of mutants who, due in part to their bizarre (and in most cases grotesque) deformities, have been denied citizenship in Mega-City One. Rejected by the prejudiced 'norms' and forcibly kept away from the city by the Judges, the mutants have had no choice but to live in the vast, radioactive wasteland known as the 'Cursed Earth'. Harboring resentment and hatred against those that have exiled them, bands of mutants now prey on those that stray from behind the city walls – and sometimes even launch all-out attacks in a bid to gain entry to the Big Meg! This action-packed collection features classic encounters between Judge Dredd and mutantkind! Writers – John Wagner, Alan Grant, Al Ewing, Michael Carroll Artists – Carlos Ezquerra, John Higgins, Will Simpson, Chris Weston, Duncan Fegredo, Colin McNeil, Simon Fraser, Ian Gibson, John Burns, John Ridgway, Paul Marshall & Bryan Talbot. Features the never-before reprinted bonus story, Feed Me by Warren Ellis and Sean Phillips"

Also: Amazon U.S. indicates that there are Kindle editions of "The Pit" and Case Files 03 out today!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 March, 2013, 01:41:14 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 19 March, 2013, 01:30:40 PM
If that cover doesn't shift copies there is no hope for humankind.

I'm still amazed it didn't do better in the 'Best Cover of 2012' poll.

The "We're Back" didn't do it for me.
Lock up your spoons!

Spikes

It certainly worked for me - got me buying the prog again. (Though i had been giving that some serious thought prior to this coming out).

Didnt some jammy bugger buy this cover at a comic's con? Cant remember if it was posted on here, or more probably, on CAF.

Mike Carroll

Montynero

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 March, 2013, 10:01:13 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 March, 2013, 10:01:18 AM
Well wow have to say I'll be very happy to see Patrick Goddard's take on Aquila. That's something to be very excited about.

A tasty prospect- looking forward to this!

Happened to see Patrick's Aquila art at Cardiff and it was fantastic. He was trying really hard to make it as consistent with what's already been established. Pat mentioned he'd be showing it to Leigh who was sitting a few seats down from him at the con to get his feedback. Good to see art droids cooperating like this. I'm sure it'll rock.

Link Prime

Quote from: Montynero on 20 March, 2013, 06:23:45 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 09 March, 2013, 10:01:13 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 March, 2013, 10:01:18 AM
Well wow have to say I'll be very happy to see Patrick Goddard's take on Aquila. That's something to be very excited about.

A tasty prospect- looking forward to this!

Happened to see Patrick's Aquila art at Cardiff and it was fantastic. He was trying really hard to make it as consistent with what's already been established. Pat mentioned he'd be showing it to Leigh who was sitting a few seats down from him at the con to get his feedback. Good to see art droids cooperating like this. I'm sure it'll rock.

Good news Monty, he'll be a perfect fit for Aquila.

James Stacey

and I'm sure Leigh is gutted he won't get to draw all those horses  :lol:

Dash Decent

B format, 144 pages, mid August.

Looks good but they should scrub the speech bubbles.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

radiator

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 22 March, 2013, 10:32:47 AM
Quote from: Mike Carroll on 20 March, 2013, 06:09:21 PM
Quote from: douglaswolk on 20 March, 2013, 12:36:25 AM
... Michael Carroll ...

Woohoo! :)

Must be a genuine thrill to see a Dredd trade with your name on!

Agreed.
Without 'sucking up' to Mike, I'd sooner have that than win the lotto!

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 March, 2013, 10:34:24 AM
Quote from: radiator on 22 March, 2013, 10:32:47 AM
Quote from: Mike Carroll on 20 March, 2013, 06:09:21 PM
Quote from: douglaswolk on 20 March, 2013, 12:36:25 AM
... Michael Carroll ...

Woohoo! :)

Must be a genuine thrill to see a Dredd trade with your name on!

Agreed.
Without 'sucking up' to Mike, I'd sooner have that than win the lotto!

It's pretty cool - hope it happens! (The first Day of Chaos trade taught me not to count my chickens before they're published...!)