Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

I don't hate the Cadet Anderson stories, but they're never more than a few weeks worth of filler. If they added something to the character of Anderson then fair enough, but they don't add anything to her background at all.

Andy B

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 27 April, 2013, 08:18:13 PM

The Ten Seconders (Final Series) - Godsend to the 2000AD: Rob Williams/Edmund Bagwell  - starts 1839

So what's the point of collecting the first two stories - in quite a slim book - a couple of months before the last one is published? See also 'Insurrection'. I'm going to be irritated if they put out a complete volume, and also irritated if they don't!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: awbrown on 28 April, 2013, 03:36:52 PM

The Ten Seconders (Final Series) - Godsend to the 2000AD: Rob Williams/Edmund Bagwell  - starts 1839

So what's the point of collecting the first two stories - in quite a slim book - a couple of months before the last one is published? See also 'Insurrection'. I'm going to be irritated if they put out a complete volume, and also irritated if they don't!

...And very nearly 'Ichabod Azrael', not to mention 'Caballistics'. I really wish someone at the books department would talk to the script droids now and again to ask how many books are planned. 'A trilogy, you say? Well, it would make sense for us to wait for all three books to be out before collecting them, eh?'
@jamesfeistdraws

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 April, 2013, 03:42:32 PM
Quote from: awbrown on 28 April, 2013, 03:36:52 PM

...And very nearly 'Ichabod Azrael', not to mention 'Caballistics'. I really wish someone at the books department would talk to the script droids now and again to ask how many books are planned. 'A trilogy, you say? Well, it would make sense for us to wait for all three books to be out before collecting them, eh?'

They did the same thing with Atavar which annoyed me when I picked up the trade last year. I still have no idea how that ended.

Hawkmumbler

Anyone else getting this? Just pre-ordered a copy. :)

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 April, 2013, 05:13:04 PM
Anyone else getting this? Just pre-ordered a copy. :)

I'm all over that Hawk, just looking around for the best pre-order deal.

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie's been wondering how long it would be before the John Bronson & Kev Hopgood's Zero City stories turned up in the floppies.

Meg 338 with Night Zero according to Previews.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Apestrife

Anyone else who's excited for this?

From the CBR article "In terms of other interesting stuff coming up, John Wagner is returning to "Judge Dredd" for his first series since "Day of Chaos" ended in "2000 AD." That's prog 1837 in June."

Must be Dark Justice right  :P

James Stacey

Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 April, 2013, 12:24:06 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 March, 2013, 10:05:25 AM

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Mutants-Mega-City-One/dp/1781081670/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363946676&sr=1-1

Cover now up for Mutants in Mega City One... I like it (though the Dredd logo looks a bit like it was pasted on).

It's the logo from Tour of Duty: Mega-City Justice so I assume its a placeholder

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Apestrife on 29 April, 2013, 09:06:57 AM

From the CBR article "In terms of other interesting stuff coming up, John Wagner is returning to "Judge Dredd" for his first series since "Day of Chaos" ended in "2000 AD." That's prog 1837 in June."

My understanding is its a five parter with Dave Taylor on art. I could be wrong there but that was my take on the info we have.

Apestrife

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 April, 2013, 09:11:57 AM
Quote from: Apestrife on 29 April, 2013, 09:06:57 AM

My understanding is its a five parter with Dave Taylor on art. I could be wrong there but that was my take on the info we have.

Okay thanks. Can't wait till Death makes a return :)

radiator

John Wagner has said that it will be a long wait for Dark Justice. My guess would be that it starts in Prog 2014.

Dodsy

Quote from: radiator on 29 April, 2013, 10:51:45 AM
John Wagner has said that it will be a long wait for Dark Justice. My guess would be that it starts in Prog 2014.

This is when I was expecting it as well. The ad said 2013 and it's about as late into 2013 as they can get lol.
Twitter - @dodsy84

James Stacey

Ian Gibson is hinting on facebook there may be some new House of Tharg work lined up in his thrillpipe.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: James Stacey on 29 April, 2013, 12:46:37 PM
Ian Gibson is hinting on facebook there may be some new House of Tharg work lined up in his thrillpipe.

That could be very good news indeed. Looking forward to hearing more. Of course its almost certainly too much to hope that Ms Slade will get to Paris...