Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: James Stacey on 29 April, 2013, 12:46:37 PM
Ian Gibson is hinting on facebook there may be some new House of Tharg work lined up in his thrillpipe.

Rebellion are licencing Farmville?  :o

Ian's back! Punches the sky  :D :D :D

Oh, & what's this "surrealist superhero" nonsense Ordinary, courtesy of Rob Williams & D'Israeli, starting in the creator owned slot of Meg 338?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Molch-R

Quote from: James Stacey on 29 April, 2013, 12:46:37 PM
Ian Gibson is hinting on facebook there may be some new House of Tharg work lined up in his thrillpipe.

Before everyone gets overexcited, I would like to quash that rumour.

James Stacey

Bah! don't quash it, sort it  :'(

Molch-R

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 April, 2013, 03:42:32 PM
...And very nearly 'Ichabod Azrael', not to mention 'Caballistics'. I really wish someone at the books department would talk to the script droids now and again to ask how many books are planned. 'A trilogy, you say? Well, it would make sense for us to wait for all three books to be out before collecting them, eh?'

With the greatest of respect, Keith Richardson DOES - in the cases of Azrael, Ten-Seconders and Insurrection the writers' decision to continue the series was made AFTER the books had been scheduled and solicited. Having talked to Dan he didn't originally intend to continue Insurrection past Book Two!

Dash Decent

Dash here with another cover for you:

I just love this, even the way Carlos has added too many links so lesser artists don't feel so bad about how far behind they are. ; D

This second collection of Carlos Ezquerra-illustrated stories includes "The Apocalypse War" as well as "Robot Wars," "Kirby's Demon," "Rights of Succession," and more.

Hardcover: 248 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (27 Aug 2013)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Molch-R on 01 May, 2013, 10:33:38 AMWith the greatest of respect, Keith Richardson DOES
Time to start introducing the writers to THE CUPBOARD. (i.e. You and/or Keith could lock Rennie in a cupboard until he produces enough Cabs material for a third trade. Given how freelance contracts are for writers these days, I imagine you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure I've done research on this.)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Molch-R on 01 May, 2013, 10:33:38 AM
...And very nearly 'Ichabod Azrael', not to mention 'Caballistics'. I really wish someone at the books department would talk to the script droids now and again to ask how many books are planned. 'A trilogy, you say? Well, it would make sense for us to wait for all three books to be out before collecting them, eh?'

With the greatest of respect, Keith Richardson DOES - in the cases of Azrael, Ten-Seconders and Insurrection the writers' decision to continue the series was made AFTER the books had been scheduled and solicited. Having talked to Dan he didn't originally intend to continue Insurrection past Book Two!

There you go again, trotting out your 'facts'...

Recrewt

I'm sure I've seen an interview with Rob Williams though where he states that there always was a third series of the Ten Seconders planned but that it would be a while?  I think it has actually been about a 4 year gap!

Most people appreciate the difficulty in deciding what to release as a GN from the 2000ad stable as there is always the possibility that they will return, even deceased characters don't stay that way!

It does leave a fan with a quandry though - buy the current release knowing it will not be complete and hope there will be another release later on with the new story or wait for a new complete collection.  If the Ten Seconders only have one more story what's the likelihood of another GN with just that in?  Then again, how long would it be before we see a complete collection? 

radiator

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 May, 2013, 11:15:05 AM
Dash here with another cover for you:

I just love this, even the way Carlos has added too many links so lesser artists don't feel so bad about how far behind they are. ; D

This second collection of Carlos Ezquerra-illustrated stories includes "The Apocalypse War" as well as "Robot Wars," "Kirby's Demon," "Rights of Succession," and more.

Hardcover: 248 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (27 Aug 2013)

That cover is so damn awesome I'm tempted to buy the book!  :o

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Molch-R on 01 May, 2013, 10:33:38 AM

Ah okay, fair enough. I cheerfully retract my mudslinging, then - nobody has ever clarified why these descisions were taken before now! This finally makes a bit more sense of it all.
@jamesfeistdraws

Grant Goggans

Post deleted after seeing Mr. Molcher's quashing of long-held daydreams.

So.  That Ezquerra cover's a beauty, isn't it?

Spikes

Dredd zapping a Strato-V with Stub Gun. Whats not to like?

(Was treated to a sneaky peek at this, the other week) Really do think that Carlos' recent IDW Dredd work has been pretty darn good. He seems to be clearly enjoying himself, at the minute.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 May, 2013, 11:15:05 AM

That is completely beautiful.  I love everything about that cover. If I didn't have an average of 4 versions of the contents already...  Poster?  T-shirt?  Mug?  Please?

Hawkmumbler

I'd buy that on a T for sure.

Colin YNWA

That is stunning. Is it an original piece for the cover? If not (like the others we've seen) where is it from?