Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

If remember right, it's said in the latest 2000AD prog that Case files 22 will be released in March 2014 in some reply to a reader question.

radiator

Pat Mills just said on Twitter that he is currently writing the first Slaine series to be illustrated by Simon Davis, which will be called 'A Simple Killing'.

Interestingly, he referred to it as a 'reboot', though he could have been using the phrase incorrectly as so many people do.

The Adventurer

Simon Davis on Slaine might acheive the impossible of getting me to read the next Slaine installment.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

O Lucky Stevie!

Judge Dredd: Downside by T.C. Eglington / Boo Cook in Meg 339 with, speaking of the Devil,  Black Siddha: Bad Karma courtesy of Mills & Davis in the floppy.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Adventurer

Black Siddha? I read Book 3 when it ran in the Meg, and was mighty confused. Maybe starting at the beginning will be a better experience.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Recrewt

Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 May, 2013, 03:54:05 PM
Judge Dredd: Year One is now up for pre-order at Amazon UK.

104 pages, IDW Publishing, 29th October 2013

Great news!  I have been getting the comics of this mini-series and so far it has been fantastic.  I will definitely be picking this up and I would recommend it to others. 

Colin YNWA

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 31 May, 2013, 08:44:06 AM
Judge Dredd: Downside by T.C. Eglington / Boo Cook in Meg 339 with, speaking of the Devil,  Black Siddha: Bad Karma courtesy of Mills & Davis in the floppy.

Uh now since I'm not a Meg buyer I always buy the trades of stuff I've not got from the Meg. So the question is, is Black Siddha worth the purchase? Great creative team so I'm hopeful?

TordelBack

Quote from: The Adventurer on 31 May, 2013, 08:48:22 AM
Black Siddha? I read Book 3 when it ran in the Meg, and was mighty confused. Maybe starting at the beginning will be a better experience.

I wouldn't bet on that.  But the first book is certainly more coherent than the last.  Not my favourite Mills.

Is it ridiculous that I simply cannot wait to see this new Slaine stuff?  Mills tailors his work to an artist's strengths so meticulously that I'm imagining a complete shift to the kind of character-centric moody horror material Davis truly shines on.  I've been reading and re-reading and thinking about Slaine a lot lately, and it is a really remarkable achievement, even later stuff I've dismissed in the past has angles and attractions I never suspected.

Dark Jimbo

Oh, 1 and 2 are much better. I was a big fan of that strip but the wheels really came of in book 3 and killed just about all my interest (as it did for most people, I suspect, given it never returned after that). There were unavoidable behind-the-scenes issues that can't have helped - the strip was written and drawn to fit the Meg's bumper format, but about two episodes in the budget was slashed and the page count dropped dramatically; so the remaining Siddha episodes were suddenly several pages too long. This meant that monthly 'episodes' would end several pages before their planned cliff-hangers, sometimes mid-scene, with other cliffhangers appearing in the middle of other 'episodes.' Small wonder it stopped making much sense.

Book 1 is the best by a long way - classic Mills, classic 2000AD. The image of Ganesh crushed behind the wheel of a car, coffee in one hand, doughnut in another, 'disguised' in a trenchcoat and fedora, is one that's stayed with me in the same way as Henry Flint's Face-eating Fruit.
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

DeMarco PI - Michael Carroll & Ye Owl
I'll be glad to see DeMarco, surprised she hasn't been used more for a long time other than an a love interest for Point.

CrazyFoxMachine

.....something about sex with windows I seem to recall...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 05 June, 2013, 11:42:49 AM

.....something about sex with windows I seem to recall...
Colour me intruiged.

vark

in addition to Slaine Book of Scars visual linked by the 2000AD newsletter today, amazon.uk seems to display the (very nice) definitive covers for Time Killer and Slaine the King.

radiator

Covers for Case Files 21 and Book of Scars (featuring Simon Davis himself by the looks of it) among others are also now on amazon:

James Stacey