Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

Very good news.
I was afraid we'd lost Elson completely to Marvel.

Looking forward to this.
I regrettably hope Abnett wraps it up with this series too. Elson's a prolific artist stateside now, and there's always a risk he won't come back again.

hippynumber1

IndigoPrime

\o/

Excellent news. Kingdom is one of the few 'modern' 2000 AD thrills that's right at the top of my all-time list. It's a cracking read. (As for wrapping it up, I can see the logic, but I'd sooner it just carries on, even if sporadically.)

ming

Great news!  Heh, a play on Rorke's Drift...

As Michael Caine almost said: "Stop throwin'. Those bloody spears. At me."

Colin YNWA

Oh that is wonderful news, wonderful. As Ming alludes to you can imagine Mr Abnett having a field day with the eminently quotable Zulu.

I'm also reluctantly inclined to agree with Link Prime, if Mr Elson does feel US work is pulling too strong and if he feels he'd struggle to continue it would be good if an ending was planned. Of course fingers crossed he's got this done with all his US case load, so if we have to wait we have to wait, but I'm not keen on it being left open ended, it deserves better, or the strip being passed to another artist, though the best alternatives have been discussed here already.

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 June, 2013, 02:38:21 PM
I was afraid we'd lost Elson completely to Marvel.

Me too. This is fantastic news.  There's so much I'm curious about in the world of Kingdom, I can't wait.

radiator

Great news.

I keep meaning to start a thread where people can suggest doggie pun names for future series of Kingdom.

Did they ever use Clive Barker?

Or Rufus Hound?

Richmond Clements

Bolt-01

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: radiator on 05 June, 2013, 03:52:43 PM
Covers for Case Files 21 and Book of Scars (featuring Simon Davis himself by the looks of it) among others are also now on amazon:

Those Slaine covers look great. Are they the final product or just place-holders?

Hawkmumbler

Kingdoms back! Hell to the yes! :D

Robo-K33F

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 13 June, 2013, 04:55:36 PM
Quote from: radiator on 05 June, 2013, 03:52:43 PM
Covers for Case Files 21 and Book of Scars (featuring Simon Davis himself by the looks of it) among others are also now on amazon:

Those Slaine covers look great. Are they the final product or just place-holders?

Those are the final covers for Time Killer and The King.

The Prodigal

Dash Decent

Wicked to the power of sick.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.