Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Rob1971

The cover's a hologram-thingy, so that from some angles it's Dirty Frank in Dredd's visor and from others it's Jack Point.

Clever GN collection droids.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: radiator on 12 July, 2013, 12:58:35 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 July, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
Now listed for pre-order on Amazon UK:

Banzai Battalion: Just Another Bug Hunt - 160 pages, March 2014

Ro-Busters: The Disaster Squad of Distinction - 112 pages, April 2014

I might be tempted to pick up the Banzai Battalion book if it includes the last BB story (which wasn't in the previous book).

Me too, and the page count suggests it probably will.

The Ro-Busters page count, on the other hand... 112? When the phonebook is 336? If that's correct I suspect this will be a selection of stories carefully cherry-picked for a US audience, giving dissproportionate prominence to the Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore material. The subtitle certainly leaves the door open for a second, concluding book - 'Ro-Busters: The Rise and Fall of Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein.'
@jamesfeistdraws

hippynumber1

I imagine it will be another of the manga-sized collection...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Rob1971 on 12 July, 2013, 01:44:04 PM
The cover's a hologram-thingy, so that from some angles it's Dirty Frank in Dredd's visor and from others it's Jack Point.

That's so very, very cool. I tend not to buy things I have in comic form, but that bit of gimmicky silliness may be the kinda thing that makes me part with cash.

The Adventurer

Really like the sound of a Banzai Battalion collection.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 July, 2013, 01:03:31 PM
Molcher or Keith already confirmed some time ago it's going to be printed as it appeared in the prog.

Correct.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: radiator on 12 July, 2013, 12:58:35 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 July, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
Now listed for pre-order on Amazon UK:

Banzai Battalion: Just Another Bug Hunt - 160 pages, March 2014

Ro-Busters: The Disaster Squad of Distinction - 112 pages, April 2014

I might be tempted to pick up the Banzai Battalion book if it includes the last BB story (which wasn't in the previous book).

It will.

Apestrife

Quote from: Rob1971 on 12 July, 2013, 01:44:04 PM

Sounds great. Can't wait to pick it up next month!

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

The Art of Sean Phillips
Hardcover, 312 pages, Dynamite Entertainment, 12th November 2013

The Amazon "Look Inside" feature shows it has separate chapters on Crisis and 2000AD and lets you see some of the art (Dredd, Armitage, Slaine, Chopper etc).

Blurb:
The Art of Sean Phillips is a lavish, career-spanning retrospective of the acclaimed artist behind Criminal, Sleeper, Incognito, and Fatale. Sean has personally selected the very best, most interesting examples of his art for inclusion, from comic strips assembled with childhood friends in his bedroom, through his work for British girls' comics and 2000AD, to his role as a key artist in the early years of Vertigo, through his superhero work for Marvel, DC, and WildStorm, and finally from his creator-owned series with Ed Brubaker. Also, the renowned artist has been extensively interviewed, along with many of his key collaborators, for the book's in-depth commentary on his work and career.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

O Lucky Stevie!

Pre-ordered.

ISRC Sean did some work for girls comics before New Statesmen. Some of that is what Stevie's really looking forward to seeing in this one.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

O Lucky Stevie!

Cheers Dash! Will give it another look at home after work.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

DarkDaysBish-OP

Having been lucky enough to see an advance pdf of this mighty tome, I can only endorse it as a great book - not just a comprehensive overview of Sean's art [worth the cover price alone], but also choked with insightful interviews and insights from a range of creators.

I, Cosh

Pretty corking line-up for Prog 1850: Brass Sun, Damnation Station and Aquila. Just a pity that we also have to put up with the return of Flesh. I suppose it's like the flaw in every beautiful Persian carpet. There to remind us that only Allah is perfect.
We never really die.