Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Should be in next year's Slaine TPB (Vol. 9), all things being equal.  Looking forward to it greatly.

Apestrife

Any info on a third Mega city undercover collection? Want one that collects the eps before those in Trifecta!

radiator

Any info on a third Mega city undercover collection? Want one that collects the eps before those in Trifecta!

Are there any?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: radiator on 21 August, 2013, 12:07:33 PM
Quote from: Apestrife on 21 August, 2013, 11:36:10 AM
Are there any?

Yes, annoyingly there's a single series that wraps up the Disraeli trilogy begun in 'Creation' - 'The Deal,' which ties up all the loose ends from 'Hostile Takeover' with Frank going to Hondo to rescue Aimee and the identity of the The Big Man finally revealed and resolved.

Such an odd descision not to include it in the last trade as it's so clearly the end of a long-running arc - and with Frank's next appearance happening in Saudade, which won't necessarily make much sense published seperately from its Trifecta brethren, Lord knows what's going to happen with a future collection. It's all become a bit of a mess. Wish they'd just start again and publish Low Life in its own dedicated trades, personally.
@jamesfeistdraws

credo

I've really enjoyed the Mega City Undercover trades, and really like the inclusion of the Lenny Zero stuff. Perhaps a third trade could include that material, along with The Simping Detective and DeMarco PI?

hippynumber1

Simping Detective already has a trade but the DeMarco stuff would fit nicely

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 21 August, 2013, 01:21:00 PM
Simping Detective already has a trade but the DeMarco stuff would fit nicely

I'd bloody love the DeMarco stuff to get reprinted. I'm not a Meg reader and that's one of the stories I most want to see.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 August, 2013, 04:58:27 PM
I'm not a Meg reader.

There's your problem. Add it to the pull list Colin- its better than some of the stuff on it already i'm sure!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 21 August, 2013, 05:01:25 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 August, 2013, 04:58:27 PM
I'm not a Meg reader.

There's your problem. Add it to the pull list Colin- its better than some of the stuff on it already i'm sure!

Yeah I completely get that BUT there are any number of reasons why I don't. Many of which seem odd to me every time I think about it BUT they are there and so I'm sticking too it I reckon. Its partly space, partly cost and the fact that I don't really want the 'graphic novel' that's added... that said never having read Black Sidha (name check please) I may well pick up this months (is it this month that's in? That could be a sticky end, which being weak would see me buying back to 300 and then further and further taking up yet more space.

My ultimate aim is to make the Meg the first thing I collect digitally when I find that perfect platform for digital comic reading and I think I'm quite set in that... I hope...

Mardroid

Yes Black Siddha is in this Month's.

It will be my first read of it as well.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 August, 2013, 08:07:06 PM

Yeah I completely get that BUT there are any number of reasons why I don't. Many of which seem odd to me every time I think about it BUT they are there and so I'm sticking too it I reckon.

Yer a queer fish Colin, on one hand acknowledging 2000AD as being the greatest comic on the planet, and on the other dismissing the Galaxy's 2nd Greatest Comic over some trivialities.
The price is reasonable for the content and the floppy can be ignored if you wish- it's a damn good comic.
Prioritize maaaaannn  ;)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 August, 2013, 09:36:37 AM

Yeah I completely get that BUT there are any number of reasons why I don't. Many of which seem odd to me every time I think about it BUT they are there and so I'm sticking too it I reckon.

Yer a queer fish Colin, on one hand acknowledging 2000AD as being the greatest comic on the planet, and on the other dismissing the Galaxy's 2nd Greatest Comic over some trivialities.

I know its hard to put the two together. I genuinely believe 2000ad is the greatest out there. I don't get that feeling off the Meg (leap of logic there I know) and maybe there's some underlining desire not to get second tier 2000ad to dilute my love of the GGC... though of course not reading the bloody thing makes it very hard for me to say its second tier with any authority BUT all reviews etc and comments here do kinda suggest it is.

Richard

How is it "The Complete Carlos Exquerra" when they have left out all of his stories between the Apocalypse War and Kirby's Demon?

Simon Beigh

I may well pick up this months (is it this month that's in? That could be a sticky end, which being weak would see me buying back to 300 and then further and further taking up yet more space.

That's exactly what happened to me, Colin. I picked up one and ended up buying 140-odd. I can't recommend it enough!

Skullmo

I found out recently that 'Siddha' is pronounced 'Simon'.

Probably
It's a joke. I was joking.