Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Richard, I think they may be trying to balance each book between BW and color stories.  Maybe Meka-City, Fungus and those other Ezquerra Dredds from the 270s/280s will be in volume two?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 22 August, 2013, 05:52:50 PM
Richard, I think they may be trying to balance each book between BW and color stories.  Maybe Meka-City, Fungus and those other Ezquerra Dredds from the 270s/280s will be in volume two?

Nope - bizzarely, they were all in volume 1!
@jamesfeistdraws

moly

Sorry to ask if its been posted elsewhere but are there any plans of a new release for slaine vol 1 to be re issued soon

Grant Goggans

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 August, 2013, 06:17:02 PM
Quote from: Grant Goggans on 22 August, 2013, 05:52:50 PM

Nope - bizzarely, they were all in volume 1!

Hang on, this is the contents that were quoted:

Robot Wars - progs 10-17                                          (41 pages)
    The Apocalypse War - progs 245-267, 269-270          (153 pages)
    Kirby's Demon - prog 638                                            (6 pages)
    The Amazing Ant-Man - prog 640                                 (6 pages)
    Young Giant - progs 651-655                                     (30 pages)
    By Lethal Injection - progs 669-670                            (13 pages)
    Rights of Succession - prog 671                                   (7 pages)
    Dear Annie - progs 672-673                                     (13 pages)
    Death Aid - progs 711-715, 719-720                          (43 pages)

What is in the book that is missing from this list?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 24 August, 2013, 03:29:36 PM
Hang on, this is the contents that were quoted:

Robot Wars - progs 10-17                                          (41 pages)
    The Apocalypse War - progs 245-267, 269-270          (153 pages)
    Kirby's Demon - prog 638                                            (6 pages)
    The Amazing Ant-Man - prog 640                                 (6 pages)
    Young Giant - progs 651-655                                     (30 pages)
    By Lethal Injection - progs 669-670                            (13 pages)
    Rights of Succession - prog 671                                   (7 pages)
    Dear Annie - progs 672-673                                     (13 pages)
    Death Aid - progs 711-715, 719-720                          (43 pages)

Aye, that's correct. Not sure where the confusion is coming from, so here are (bad quality) screengrabs of the contents for each book - top is volume 1, below volume 2. Basically, it's all been done arsebackwards and makes very little obvious sense, with all the Apoc-War aftermath stuff happening before the Apoc War itself. Presumably this made sense to someone somewhere.

@jamesfeistdraws

Spikes

The full Robot Wars strip doesnt get reprinted, just the one episode that Carlos drew?

Richard

They skipped Necropolis and went straight to Death Aid?

The Adventurer

Since the Carlos Collection is more Art Book then reprint title, I'm not surprised its contents are all over the place.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Nubby mcstubbins

Anyone have a link to the last bulleted list of releases?  I think it's quite a ways back, yeah?

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Looks like a rather impressive anthology of one-offs and and also-rans.  I'm seeing The Visible Man, The Amazing Maze Dumoir, Xtnct, Tribal Memories for definite, and is the guy in the foreground Greysuit?  Is the sword-wielding guy from Telguuth, and who is the dame with the machine gun?

Dash Decent

I like that cover.  They seem to be standing on the helmets of the more popular strips.  I can see a Judge helmet, Helm, Johnny Alpha's pointy hat, Hammerstein?  It looks more like they are standing on the skulls of the vanquished, rather than on the shoulders of giants.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Greg M.

I kinda wish they'd theme these things by author – I want to have Tribal Memories in a collected TPB form very much, but it's frustrating that I have to own Xtnct to do so. I've said it before – bring out The Pete Milligan collection: Freaks, Shadows, Tribal Memories, The Dead, Sooner or Later / Swifty's Return + assorted Future Shocks (with Bix Barton getting its own TPB, clearly.)

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 05 September, 2013, 10:57:45 PM
bring out The Pete Milligan collection: Freaks, Shadows, Tribal Memories, The Dead, Sooner or Later / Swifty's Return + assorted Future Shocks (with Bix Barton getting its own TPB, clearly.)

I'd buy both in a heartbeat. They'd make nice companion books to the forthcoming 'The Best of Milligan & McCarthy'.

Think it over Tharg.

Satanist

Quote from: Greg M. on 05 September, 2013, 10:57:45 PM
I kinda wish they'd theme these things by author – I want to have Tribal Memories in a collected TPB form very much, but it's frustrating that I have to own Xtnct to do so. I've said it before – bring out The Pete Milligan collection: Freaks, Shadows, Tribal Memories, The Dead, Sooner or Later / Swifty's Return + assorted Future Shocks (with Bix Barton getting its own TPB, clearly.)

I want this like yesterday.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?