Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I'm not sure. There just doesn't seem to be the spark the series once had, and it feels a bit too similar to Portrait and even Final Solution. The big gaps between series haven't exactly helped either.

Skullmo

I read Life and Death directly before the most recent series, so I did not have the huge gap. Plus I tend to read a series in one go once it is complete rather than reading it in weekly episodes, but I have been really enjoying it.

It's a joke. I was joking.

credo

Must say I've really enjoyed new Stront too (although I only read in trade format). In fact, I've enjoyed it to the extent that I've actually confused myself as to which events occur in new Stront, and which occur in old (I could have sworn that the artificial brain navigator with singing pets was classic Stront).

TordelBack

Quote from: credo on 15 October, 2013, 01:57:56 PMIn fact, I've enjoyed it to the extent that I've actually confused myself as to which events occur in new Stront, and which occur in old (I could have sworn that the artificial brain navigator with singing pets was classic Stront).

It's both.  They first appeared in 'The Ultimate Weapon' story - the last one in Starlord.

Hawkmumbler

Fresh off Tumblr, Frazer Irving has NOT ruled out ever working on Judge Death again and has expressed an interest in doing so. Not exactly set in stone stuff but its an exciting prospect.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 15 October, 2013, 06:14:05 PM
Fresh off Tumblr, Frazer Irving has NOT ruled out ever working on Judge Death again and has expressed an interest in doing so. Not exactly set in stone stuff but its an exciting prospect.

Tell him to fucking finish Gutsville first!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 October, 2013, 06:38:53 PM

Cheers

Jim
No mention on where he stands on Gutsville. Still working on Annihilator I believe.

"Anon asked: Hi Mr Irving, just to wish you all the success you deserve and hope to see your art on more books, I saw X-Men terrific art. Years ago you send me a sketch of Judge Death (Im from Argentina) and that was and incredible gift from you. Again, I think you are the best artist on the medium, any chance that you return to 2000AD or Judge Death? Kind Regards, wish you the best Mr!!!! Pablo from Argentina (forgive my English!!!)

Frazer: Hi Pablo! Yes, I recall that sketch, it was one of the last actual working sketches I made before I made the switch to digital art! I'm glad it still lives with its owner :D No plans to return to Judge Death at the moment due to my work on Annihilator with Grant, but that doesn't mean I'm closed to the idea in the future. Hope all is well in Argentina!"

credo

Just noticed that the next volume in the Slaine trades looks to collect everything up to Book of Invasions. From the Amazon description:

"Having united the Tribes of the Earth Goddess to battle the hoards of Fomorian sea demons determined on enslaving them, Slaine was appointed as the first High King of Ireland. After protecting the tribes for seven years, he was put to death so that he could serve Danu in the afterlife. This exciting collection features a series of adventures which took place during Slaine's seven-year reign as 'King' - a period where he spent time as a near-mindless beast stuck in a warp spasm, was reunited with his son Kai and was forced to defend his lands against the Secret Commonwealth of demons led by his old enemy, Medb!"

So all the "Lost Tales" and Secret Commonwealth too. So glad that's not a volume on its own. Next question - is "Arrow of God" included?

Robo-K33F

credo

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 16 October, 2013, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: credo on 16 October, 2013, 02:24:00 PM
Next question - is "Arrow of God" included?

Yes.

Woo Hoo! Not really much of a story in the grand scheme of all things Slaine, but for some reason it hold pleasant memories for me.

TordelBack

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 16 October, 2013, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: credo on 16 October, 2013, 02:24:00 PM
Next question - is "Arrow of God" included?

Yes.

That makes for a fantastic collection, can't wait.  Great decision to dilute Secret Commonwealth as much as betelgeusianly possible.

Max Headroom

Just one last question for Robo-K33f - will Dragoncorpse (Dice Man 2) and The Ring of Danu (Dice Man 4) also make it into this bumper collection? (And if not, will they perhaps feature as a re-print somewhere else?)
Thank you.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Max Headroom on 17 October, 2013, 02:37:45 PM
Just one last question for Robo-K33f - will Dragoncorpse (Dice Man 2) and The Ring of Danu (Dice Man 4) also make it into this bumper collection? (And if not, will they perhaps feature as a re-print somewhere else?)
Thank you.

No.

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 October, 2013, 06:38:53 PM

Cheers

Jim

Think he just finished a half dozen issues of Uncanny X-Men recently, and from what I saw it looked amazing.
Shame we'll probably never have a finished run on Gutsville alright.

vark

Yes!! Volume 10 of Charley's War deluxe collection received today! The reproduction quality is quite perfect from start to finish (very very neat).