Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 23 October, 2013, 06:12:33 PM
Has anyone got Button Man: Get Harry Ex yet? What exactly is in it? All four BM books?

It's the Ranson trilogy.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

I believe its just the first three.

Skullmo

Yes - it is just the arthur ranson books
It's a joke. I was joking.

Hawkmumbler

OK. Nice little money saver for me, i'll get that instead of the separate trades. Thanks chaps.

The Prodigal

I have this in my Amazon shopping basket as of yesterday. I'm told it's indispensable to anyone's collection?

Only on board since 2012 so I have never read any of it.

Hawkmumbler

I HAVE read the first Button Man story and its a truly fantastic contribution to the pantheon of the galaxies greatest comic. It's very different though, and not at all science fiction orientated or fantastical. Just very British, indeed, take the name John Wagner off the cover and I wouldn't have guessed it was anything to do with the prog, and was something from Toxic or Revolver maybe. And Ranson's art work! Oh my word....

radiator

That'll be because Button Man was originally written for a different comic - I want to say Espresso(?) and is, I think, a creator owned property. I think I heard somewhere that - at least the first series - was devised so that it could potentially be serialised one page at a time, or at least be able to be broken down into any episode length.

It's tremendous - and is one of the only other 2000ad strips that would make for a genuinely great TV series or movie in my mind.

maryanddavid

It was intended for Toxic, dropped by the then Ed, and Wagner took Button Man and Al's Baby to the house of Tharg (IIRC!!)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 September, 2013, 01:32:30 PM
A.B.C. Warriors: Solo Missions
Pat Mills, Alan Moore, Steve Dillon, Henry Flint, Kev Walker
96 pages, 13th February 2014

Cover now up on Amazon UK:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

radiator

Quote from: maryanddavid on 24 October, 2013, 10:30:56 PM
It was intended for Toxic, dropped by the then Ed, and Wagner took Button Man and Al's Baby to the house of Tharg (IIRC!!)

Ah yes, think it was I was a Teenage Tax Consultant that was for 'Expresso'(?)

Dandontdare

Don't like that ABC cover - the picture is fine but the colours are vile.

Dragonfly

Does anyone know when the new Zombo trade is coming out? I thought it was out already but there is no sign of it on the on-line store so I'm guessing it has been put back.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 October, 2013, 11:35:00 AM
Don't like that ABC cover - the picture is fine but the colours are vile.

It looks a bit... neon, as though someone's mucked about with the colour levels a bit in Photoshop. Always looked fine before now.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 05 September, 2013, 10:49:09 PM
I like that cover.  They seem to be standing on the helmets of the more popular strips.  I can see a Judge helmet, Helm, Johnny Alpha's pointy hat, Hammerstein?  It looks more like they are standing on the skulls of the vanquished, rather than on the shoulders of giants.

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 06 September, 2013, 06:53:31 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 05 September, 2013, 05:16:48 PM
Looks like a rather impressive anthology of one-offs and and also-rans.  I'm seeing The Visible Man, The Amazing Maze Dumoir, Xtnct, Tribal Memories for definite, and is the guy in the foreground Greysuit?  Is the sword-wielding guy from Telguuth, and who is the dame with the machine gun?

That's Homer the Barbarian. The girl with the gun is from Family. Foreground man is the Universal Soldier.  You can't quite make out the young girl from Life Cycle, the robot from Colony Earth, or Superbean....

I hadn't noticed the Skizz helmet in the pile before now, nor the 'dead' Stogie on Helm.  And is that Dante's rifle at the back?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 October, 2013, 01:38:00 PM
I hadn't noticed the Skizz helmet in the pile before now, nor the 'dead' Stogie on Helm.  And is that Dante's rifle at the back?

Good eye!  We also have Pulger's dress, Shakara's laser-knife thingie, a Moab grav-suit helmet, Torque's mask, Savage's shootah, Earl Reagan's stetson.... but what's that between Hammerstein's No. 1 head and Helm, and what's just above Dredd's helmet?

Think I'd buy this on the basis of that cover alone!