Main Menu

Day Of Chaos finale

Started by vzzbux, 12 March, 2012, 01:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Has there ever been any reference to the timeline / timescale of Insurrection. I can't remember offhand. Could it be a far future dreddworld story anyway?

Kudos

Quote from: James Stacey on 19 June, 2012, 02:23:34 PM
Has there ever been any reference to the timeline / timescale of Insurrection. I can't remember offhand. Could it be a far future dreddworld story anyway?

Nah, it's in Dredd's time. Luther quotes the date in the opening ep as being July 4th 2130. And he refers to the Chief Judge as her, I think meaning Hershey.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: radiator on 19 June, 2012, 01:46:40 PM
Insurrection is great, but yeah it doesn't really square with Dredd as a whole, and Wagner has never heard of it - I've asked him as much.

Best to enjoy it as for the entertaining Dredd-world take on Warhammer 40k that it is and not think about it too much in the wider scheme of things.

WHAT?! John Wagner has never heard of Insurrection!?I find that incredible -I would have thought it near impossible not to know given his position.Why doesn't he read the Megazine?
I'm truly amazed -can you tell.

radiator

I asked him if he kept up to date with any Dredd spin-offs and listed a few I thought were good. He said he tended not to, but of the ones he was aware of, he did have a fondness for The Simping Detective.

W. R. Logan

To be simplistic about John I'd say he writes Dredd but doesn't read others work.
If he did he wouldn't need me.

JOE SOAP

Wagner's Left Arm (sounds wrong).

Goaty

I hope the Day of Chaos is Dredd's kickback to everyone, Total War etc so they get real day of chaos from Dredd himself?

WhitBloke

Springs to mind: Judge Uris for the Council of Five..?  Proven experience of maximising limited resources over too great a space with no expectation of anything but continually increasing piles of badness and violent wrongitude.  This assuming the bugger's not dead, of course.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Richard

The return of Uris to the strip would be a great idea, Council or not.

a chosen rider

So who's still unaccounted for at the moment?  Anderson hasn't shown up, but she's guaranteed safe (I'd still like to know where she is/what she's been up to, though).  Dolman is presumably safely off-planet.  Roffman's still a question mark after the fall of the statue of Judgement, and so far as I know we haven't heard anything about Giant or Guthrie; DeMarco's also out there somewhere as a civilian...  Then there's Mrs Gunderson, and the question of what happens to Walter if she's popped her clogs.

Plenty of spin-off characters located in the city, too.  Jack Point's got to be around somewhere.  Is Dirty Frank back from Japan yet?  And there must be others...  Who else is alive and likely to be in Mega-City One that we haven't yet heard from?
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

WhitBloke

Max Normal!  Last seen, I think, back in the time-hopping One Man And His Dug Middenface strip waaay back in the Megazine.... I think in the first volume without checking... but pertinently set in 2134...

But I'm also now thinking of Shenker with Uris on the Council.  Fingers crossed here for that, rather than a parade of new faces at the top as has often been the case over the years.  Obviously not because Psi-Division has entirely redeemed itself, one lone precog cadet being too flash-in-the-pan no matter what they might wish otherwise.  He's a perennial figure in the department who has not only (logically) been senior (albeit less-so than the late Omar) in his division since the Apocalypse War and all the rebuilding thereafter but also spent time on the Council during Necropolis and Judgement Day and their own respective aftermaths.  That and it would be a nice little dramatic twist for Hershey to be the one to invite him back onto the same Council she sacked him from.

Uris and Shenker, then, on my Fantasy Footb... Council.  I'd add in Oppenheimer on Tek Division if he's still alive, but on second thoughts some new faces would be a great way for the other writers to put their stamp on the new status quo.

James Stacey

Quote from: a chosen rider on 28 June, 2012, 03:23:13 PM
Anderson hasn't shown up, but she's guaranteed safe (I'd still like to know where she is/what she's been up to, though).  Who else is alive and likely to be in Mega-City One that we haven't yet heard from?
I asked Mr Wagner that question over on that thar faceybook. I'm sure he won't mind it being c&p'd here.

--John, is there a reason why Anderson hasn't made an appearance yet in DoC? I've noticed you have used her less and less in recent years, do you see her more as Alan's baby now?
Quote from: John WagnerYou're right, it's because I regard her as Alan's character. She will, however, be making a major appearance in a forthcoming story with Greg Staples, "Dark Judgement". Greg's very busy and wants to take his time over it - it'll be beautiful - and I've over-run a bit on length as well, so it may be quite some time forthcoming, I think!

WhitBloke

Fabulous news, that!

(Apologies from The Me for failing to spoiler part of my last post.   :-[  Attempted to do so after posting it but was unable to edit.)

thehod

Quote from: James Stacey on 28 June, 2012, 03:29:11 PM
Quote from: a chosen rider on 28 June, 2012, 03:23:13 PM
Anderson hasn't shown up, but she's guaranteed safe (I'd still like to know where she is/what she's been up to, though).  Who else is alive and likely to be in Mega-City One that we haven't yet heard from?
I asked Mr Wagner that question over on that thar faceybook. I'm sure he won't mind it being c&p'd here.

--John, is there a reason why Anderson hasn't made an appearance yet in DoC? I've noticed you have used her less and less in recent years, do you see her more as Alan's baby now?
Quote from: John WagnerYou're right, it's because I regard her as Alan's character. She will, however, be making a major appearance in a forthcoming story with Greg Staples, "Dark Judgement". Greg's very busy and wants to take his time over it - it'll be beautiful - and I've over-run a bit on length as well, so it may be quite some time forthcoming, I think!

Anderson. Dark Judgement.

Doesn't take a genius to work out what that could be about.
The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

James Stacey

I think John has mentioned it elsewhere. Greg came to him with an idea of how to make the dark judges really scary again which he has run with. I guess that in part was why Larry, Curly and Moe have been set free in DoC