Main Menu

A parody comic of mine: D'raidd Judgedemption

Started by Golar, 04 October, 2012, 01:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookyman

Choc chip goodness.

Golar

Cheers for the positive reaction folks!

I came back here after finding a really good community on the IMDb Dredd pages. Forgot I had an account here already, but I think I'll stick around :)

Quote from: Bat King on 04 October, 2012, 06:55:18 PM
Like the look but there story doesn't grab me. I wish I could actually put my finger on why. The punch-line clearly fits the build up, so technically it is sound. As a parody piece with all the technical parts it is probably just bit hitting my funny-bone. Yet even with out the above praise I can easily see that many would find it quite funny.

Possibly the way it may have had a bigger impact on me is if it had been a two pager woitha single panel reveal on the second page. I think inadvertently my eye had already been drawn to the reveal even though I hadn't tread the dialogue out of order.

That said, very nice layout. Good depiction of characters. Nice colours.

Cheers for the critique, Bat King. I agree with you about the placement of the gag. If you know it's coming it spoils the punchline, and I considered making Schneider's face a little smaller to avoid that, but I'm not great at caricatures and it would have been a little harder to see the likeness if he were any smaller. I don't think the fact that it's awkwardly positioned on this board and you have to scroll across to see it all helps either!

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll keep up the work. Looper's next. :)
"Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real" - Jules Verne

Bat King

Yeah the way it looks on the forum did possibly make me see the visuals for the punchline too quickly. But to read it I right clicked and chose 'view picture' I then got a great version of it.

I also see dreddful mistypes in my post... lol I type bad on forums...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Golar

Hi folks, sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I thought some might like to see the next issue of Pwked. This time, Looper gets it.

If you like it, there's more over on http://pwked.com

Link Prime

Golar

Cheers, although once again the terrible formatting has screwed with it! :(