Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeOiNK!

I had him sitting right behind me!!  Though that was by choice I have to say.

I was delighted when comics writer and editor John Freeman asked me to write a review for his Down the Tubes website.  It's the first time I've been asked to write something outside of my Oink! Blog so I jumped at the chance.  Loved writing it and even editing it down to the required length.  Here's the link, can you let me know what you think?  :)  I hope I did it justice for you long-time fans, it was a marvellous film!

http://downthetubes.net/?p=24461
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

Eamonn Clarke

On the Britflicks podcast preview of Frightfest the producer Sean Hogan says they are looking at a general release in time for Christmas.

http://www.britflicks.com/blog.aspx?blogid=19700

COMMANDO FORCES

Colin YNWA

That is indeed wonderful news. I'm really happy for the production team who seemed super nice and genuinely chuffed that we (those I save it with at Thought Baubble) were so excited by the film.

Fungus

Great to hear. And that trailer doesn't muck about.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fungus on 14 August, 2015, 05:44:07 PM
Great to hear. And that trailer doesn't muck about.

Wow yeah is that a different cut of the trailer? Can't rememeber the original, but that sure as hell packs a punch!

Hawkmumbler

My entire hearts worth of love for this documentary can be encapsulated by the opening animations. I could watch that on a loop all day, and the entire things until the end of time. I'll be precuring a cooy for certain.

Eamonn Clarke

Got to see the film in its entirety this morning at Frightfest in Leicester square. Completely Zarjaz, including getting the end of the Dave Gibbons anecdote that I missed at Thought Bubble last year.

Also a Q&A afterwards with producer and director who confirmed that we can expect an announcement about a DVD release in the next few weeks. Could make a perfect stocking filler for that special Squaxx in your life (i.e. yourself).

Also nice to notice thanks to Pete Wells block's 2000AD Covers Uncovered blog and ECBT2000AD in the end credits which I missed at TB.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 29 August, 2015, 04:16:58 PM
Also a Q&A afterwards with producer and director who confirmed that we can expect an announcement about a DVD release in the next few weeks. Could make a perfect stocking filler for that special Squaxx in your life (i.e. yourself).

Shame they couldn't get a cinemaic release, but really pleased we'll get the DVD release - can't wait to hear the details.

Pete Wells

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 29 August, 2015, 04:16:58 PM
Also nice to notice thanks to Pete Wells block's 2000AD Covers Uncovered blog and ECBT2000AD in the end credits which I missed at TB.

It was a complete surprise! I was lucky enough to see it at the premiere at the BFI and I was on a complete high following such an amazing documentary and Pat's closing rant. When my blog popped up I actually squealed like a little girl!

shaolin_monkey

Oh thank god - a DVD release! I might finally get to see it!

COMMANDO FORCES

You should've come to the BFI, it was a great evening ;)

Steve Green

It'll be interesting to see if it's an extended cut. Might be tricky integrating it all - but even if it was just extra footage in separate clips, it would be great to hear more the creators.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 August, 2015, 10:59:53 PM
You should've come to the BFI, it was a great evening ;)

I should have gone to lots of places, including my home bloody town! Had I time, money and babysitters I would have flown to Edinburgh to see it.  Still waiting for it to pop up in Cardiff.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 August, 2015, 11:13:11 PM
It'll be interesting to see if it's an extended cut. Might be tricky integrating it all - but even if it was just extra footage in separate clips, it would be great to hear more the creators.

Yeah it would be wonderful if that was possible .They've talked about how much extra stuff there is and how if it had been practical they'd have made a much, much longer cut. Would be great to see that stuff as extras.