Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

I've a day off tomorrow, so I might try to track a copy of this down.

Any word on extras?

Steve Green

I don't think there are any on this one.

They've talked about the extra footage (they were at Pat's for about 11 hours alone)

From what they've said, the legal clearance would cost a fair amount - I guess it depends how well this sells - they originally had an eight hour edit when they first started.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 07 December, 2015, 06:05:54 PM
Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday (along with Nekromantic 2...Don't Judge) but has still failed to turn up.
Me so sad.  :'(
Ditto on both counts, let that corpse love flow.

But i'm still awaiting my copy. 'Sigh' Maybe tomorrow.

Mattofthespurs

Apparently they are both being delivered today...Although they said that Sunday  >:(

Mattofthespurs

It's arrived!  :D (along with pervy horror film) Too late for today but I will make it my watch for tomorrow.

Steve Green

There is one extra, a PDF of first stories.

COMMANDO FORCES

Mine arrived today and I enjoyed watching it again and taking in it all in this time!

The Monarch

I rented it on psn

Its fantastic and i really hope a longer cut may happen someday

Colin YNWA

Yeah got mine and watched. Loved it.

You know what the main feeling it gave me was pride. Which is very silly, but yeah when it ended I felt pride again. I'm just a fan, have and had nothing to do with the comic (or film) on any level other than that and yet watching this I felt massive pride. I think it was just the fact that I was able to empathise with the celebration of something I really love with people who share many of my thoughts about it. Its certainly warts and all and doesn't hide away from the comics many problems but what primarily comes through is the massive affection and respect for what the comic gives us that is so utterly unique.

Wonderful stuff.

Prodigal2

OK guys people are telling me to buy what I want for Christmas so I take it that this is well worth a buy? For a 4 year old reader like me does it add to the likes of David Bishop's book on the history of the comic?

TIA for all advice.

Mattofthespurs

I've just finished watching it and the only complaint I have is that it was far too short!
I absolutely loved it. A true love letter to the comic.
As someone who does not attend conventions it was great to see and hear the creators behind the comic (Pete Milligan being my new favourite because he was drinking from a Spurs mug  :D).
It does add new stuff to Bishop's book but I would say it's more of a companion to the book rather than different. Is it worth a buy? Most definitely!
I think the best part I took from the documentary was the feeling of family. The writers, the artists, the editors, the letterers and the readers are all part of one, big family that...Well, just gets it. Made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
At £7.99 this DVD is an absolute steal for anyone interested in The Galaxy's Greatest Comic.
Loved it.

Geoff

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 10 December, 2015, 06:15:35 AM
Yeah got mine and watched. Loved it.

You know what the main feeling it gave me was pride. Which is very silly, but yeah when it ended I felt pride again. I'm just a fan, have and had nothing to do with the comic (or film) on any level other than that and yet watching this I felt massive pride. I think it was just the fact that I was able to empathise with the celebration of something I really love with people who share many of my thoughts about it. Its certainly warts and all and doesn't hide away from the comics many problems but what primarily comes through is the massive affection and respect for what the comic gives us that is so utterly unique.

I know exactly what you mean! Very similar feelings when I watched it..

Even the wife quite enjoyed it. In particular, found Pat Mills was very entertaining!

Wonderful stuff.

Geoff

I already know I can't upload pictures properly, now it seems I can't even use the 'quote' function properly... there's really no hope  :-[

Prodigal2

Dominic O'Rourke

As a life long fan, I loved the doc.

But I wanted to record my wife's response. She's not a comic fan, she's read a few to keep me happy over the years, but for her, what was made clear by the documentary was the punk sensibilities of the artists involved - as a punk singer herself in '77, and a minor footnote it that safety pinned era, she was reinvigorated by what is still a kick against the pricks 38 years later.

So inspired by the show, she's decided to take on a PhD in culture and media.

It's impressive what non-fans can get out of things you dote over.
Member No. 10