Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 March, 2014, 05:50:25 PM
Quote from: ming on 01 March, 2014, 10:26:02 PM
At some point we'll escape the gravitational pull of Pat Mills characters, but probably not immediately...

Well you haven't done Dr Feeley Good yet, for one thing...  ;)

I've been pondering that very subject today... I'll have a think and see what I can come up with.  Hammerstein's another obvious gap in the roster but to do him justice would be tricky, given the fairly specific elements of his rather complex design.  In the coming years, with increasing amounts of Lego, we'll be able to tackle more characters and scenes, I hope.

ming

I got some caterpillar tracks in the post this week.  First up, some Killdozer action.  It's a bit ropey as I had to just use the few bits and pieces that weren't already occupied by the boys but I'll try and do a complete Landraider / Killdozer combo at some point.

If I had a million grey blocks I'd love to do the Mutie Mountains as well...  :lol:

Colin YNWA

There's nowt ropey about that it's class!

ming

Thanks Colin - it was thrown together very quickly though!  Still, the boys have been told the tale of strict-but-fair Judge Dredd (serious faces) and Spikes Harvey Rotten (great name = hilarity!) taking medicine across a dangerous desert to help people.  The take home message was, however, that the 2 T (fru) T virus makes people run around shouting Tooty Fruity!  TOOTY FRUITY!!  They've been laughing their heads off at that ever since.

My work is done...  :)

Hawkmumbler

I'm currently reading the Cursed Earth to my 7 and 4 year old brothers. Everytime they hear 2T(fru)T they giggle uncontrollably. :lol:

Judge Nutmeg

great work, more please  :lol:

ming

The boys were playing as Mek-Quake and Ro-Jaws on their way up to bed last night so I made a Mek-Quake v2.0 for them while they were asleep...

Mek-Quake vs. BIG JOBS!

I'm pretty happy with this one; much closer to the original O'Neill Bulldozer version that I love, although it lacks the fins, unfortunately.  The claws are also a bit iffy but there'll probably another version at some point when we have more bits and pieces to work with.

judda fett

Cool Mek Quake! I quite like the claws me.

ming

Aw... Cheers, Green Bonce!  :D

CrazyFoxMachine

Colin YNWA

It all looked bloomin' marvelous too. Great stuff.

ming

Thanks, folks - we'll keep these coming...  :)

ming

TordelBack

Best one yet.  The cross-bar navel is the piece-de-resistance-is-futile.  Your are as a god to me, Sir.  (You could get a marker to a lime green 2x4 tile and add "Doctor knows best, Casey..." to the chest screen). 

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 March, 2014, 09:38:42 AM
Best one yet.  The cross-bar navel is the piece-de-resistance-is-futile.  Your are as a god to me, Sir.  (You could get a marker to a lime green 2x4 tile and add "Doctor knows best, Casey..." to the chest screen).

The not-red cross was entirely down to the missus so I can take no credit for that particular detail!  I'd made a red cross using five 1x1 red tiles but it was too clunky so I dropped it, then I was informed by the good lady that "if you're going to do it, do it right and she told me to add that particular brick.  She's a stickler.

Number One Son immediately made some stinky medicine (a cup with flames coming out of it) reflecting the panel he remembered with the Doc pouring foul medicine onto a spoon...

The chest screen idea is a nice one, TB.  Unfortunately we're limited by the bricks in the house so that'll be something to revisit down the line when we accumulate stupid volumes of this stuff.  Anyway, onwards and upwards!