Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

This book, Beautiful Lego, has a home-made Mongrol on page 61.

You can't see it in the preview pages but it's still worth browsing.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 March, 2014, 11:33:19 AM
This book, Beautiful Lego, has a home-made Mongrol on page 61.

You can't see it in the preview pages but it's still worth browsing.

Any chance of a pic?

Dash Decent

I'll see what I can do.

It's not as good as the one on this thread, but some of the other stuff in the book is stunning.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 26 March, 2014, 10:04:15 AM
I'll see what I can do.

It's not as good as the one on this thread, but some of the other stuff in the book is stunning.

Thanks, DD!   :)

I had a look at the previews for the book; as you say, some stunning stuff there.  I can only dream of having bucketloads of bricks (and enough hours in the day to use them).  Still, it's fun to see what we can do with what we have (and the boys were busy drawing Mongrol and Doctor Feeley Good this morning, so this stuff definitely rubs off on them).

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I like those, I like those a lot!

The fact that they've taken the basic design elements and put their own spin on same, is an absolutely apt treatment of characters from The House of Tharg.
You may quote me on that.

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 27 March, 2014, 08:34:46 PM
Hi Ming, it turns out the builder has his picture on flickr, and some other 2000AD builds as well, done as "Cubedudes".  Check these out!

Those are great!  I've seen the Mongrol one before, but not the rest.  I think the Gronk is my favourite, but they're all really lovely.

:)

ming

Post fifth birthday party wind-down... Shonky-but-fun Ro-Busters Midpoint build.  If we had a bazillion blocks of the same colour I could possibly have done this justice, but them's the breaks.

Not sure what to go for next but I'll have a think.  I just had one idea but I'll have to figure out whether or not it's feasible given the bricks to hand.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 27 March, 2014, 08:34:46 PM
Hi Ming, it turns out the builder has his picture on flickr, and some other 2000AD builds as well, done as "Cubedudes".  Check these out!
Mean, Mongrol and The Gronk in particular are really great.

ming

Not what I'd planned to do next, but this was on the cards anyway so after some encouragement from the boys I thought I'd give it a shot.  Again, a bit shonky but the best I could come up with without dismantling various other things.  If I had bucketloads of Lego I'd maybe have done justice to what was in my head; consider this as Fleshdozer v1.0.

Brachiosaurus burgers / Triceratops Tikka Masala, anyone?

"I love my job."

Making Stegosaurus sausages is a dangerous business...

TordelBack

So much better than Lego's own dinosaur range that it's frightening.  You are an international treasure, Ming.

Colin YNWA

That stomps simply being good so far into the ground its like good has been tramped, alongside wonderful, delightful and a host of other positives has been trampled by a stampeding herd of Argentinasaurus.

ming

Thanks, fellas!  This is all (well, mostly) driven by the demands of the boys; Pterosaurs especially are a big hit right now - we made Tapejara and Rhamphorhynchus at the specific request of Feliks (plus a one-clawed Deinonychus to go with Claw Carver).

The Fleshdozer is wobbly and shonky but without a gazillion blocks it's all I can do - still great fun, though.  My favourite detail is the safety inspector featured in the background of that last pic :D

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 May, 2014, 09:18:03 AM
So much better than Lego's own dinosaur range that it's frightening.  You are an international treasure, Ming.

Thanks, TB!  I've been pestered  for more dinos this morning, so had to do a quick Stegosaurus as well as the Triceratops.  Together with Deinonychus (x2), T. rex and a couple of Pterosaurs (Tapejara and Ramphorhynchus) built earlier in the week, we've quite the crowd here.  I'm seriously running out of bricks here but suggesting dismantling something is met with stern resistance!

ming

Had a few minutes spare so did what I'd intended to do before I got sidetracked by the Fleshdozer...

:)