Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Matt 'the other' Wagner  (Read 1922 times)

The Adventurer

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
Re: Matt 'the other' Wagner
« Reply #15 on: 14 July, 2017, 10:38:13 pm »
How'd Matt Wagner's The Spirit Returns run end up? Worth a read?

Notable Comics dropping the Week of 01-02-13

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 July, 2017, 07:54:28 am »
How'd Matt Wagner's The Spirit Returns run end up? Worth a read?

It was absolutely spot on and is available as part of the Eisner Kirby Wonder Humble Bundle currently available. Like a few items there makes that Bundle worth it on its todd.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 August, 2017, 08:48:20 pm »
I hadn't been dripping my sticky Wagner love into its own thread last time I read Matt Wagner's Trinity but just finished a quick re-read this evening and heavens to Betsy its magnificent. I find his two Bats minis (Monster Men and Mad Monk) a little pedestrian for this titan of comics but Trinity is quite sublime.

I checked back on what I said when I first read it and it all holds true (except me not checking out Grendal which I've well and truly put right) so I'll just be lazy and copy that here.

Just finished 'Trinity' by Matt Wagner this morning. Now I love me some Matt Wagner (why oh why I haven't checked out Grendal yet I'll never know) but this is something else again. Seriously if you were looking for the definitive Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman story this is it. For reasons that escape me it seems lost in the shadows of such books from around the time (ish) of its release as 'Kingdom Come'  and 'New Frontier' (which is excellent don't get me wrong) but it really should be outshining them.

To take such iconic characters about whom so many stories have been written and make them seem fresh and new is truly a feat to behold.

Glorious comics.

Smith

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 August, 2017, 09:22:12 am »
Recently finished his Spirit.Good series.